What's Happened?

:( thats sux

Not bad Miles. Haven’t seen ya around the IRC in a while. Drop by for a visit. :)

Ok, I know this site was down for a long time. Now that it is up… It seems to be up and down alot. Builder doesn’t seem to be responding too much to requests. I would like to know what peoples thoughts are about migrating this site to a new location.

I have actually volunteered the space, and server and I have done a quick migration over to it. I have also given it a new layout look. I would like to know what people think before making a larger announcement.

Please post your comments in the GENERAL area on the new site at http://phphelp.pgardner.net. Your login should work there as well (with the exception of those pathetic advertisers which I have removed.) If there is enough positive comments, I will make a mass emailing… if not, I will dismantle it.

ok, I think I was the one who offered to move redesign the pld site so I support the idea…

but:

• I dont like the design, espesiatlly the logo
  • site needs primary domain name (im sure we can find something)

But the design is my parimary consern, we need to bring it to life, so yousers gotta stay at the site and like it the first time they see it…

I would recommend to create the “development group” from those active old site users who will take care of the site developmet and support!

hello hello … are we officially declared as dead site?

To me as long as the forum keeps crashing on a semi regular basis(once every couple of days) … I personally wouldn’t use it as a noob. There are too many mature sites that are up all the time.

But I would also be willing to work to bring this site back up - if it didn’t crash all the time.

well we tried to run it independantlu as i remember but that didnty work… i think no one posted comments on the second server,… so I gues we have to take over the nase somehow and move it to the diferent server… and rebilld everything…

How can we get the name?

builder has an automatic renewal for the name IIRC, and he has been impossible to get a hold of. Miles and peg110 have tried multiple times without success.

As for the other server… I know peg110 started it up - but I don’t think he ever put in a redirect to the new site…

this is his contact info, should wetry to call or write regualr letter? Afterall what is the point for him to pay for the name that he is not using… Do you want me to contact him?

Knoblock Consulting
Steve Knoblock ([email protected])
+1.7039204490
Fax: +1.7039204490
1211 S. Thomas
No. 2
Arlington, VA 22204-3685
US

Go ahead and try… I’m half a world away. let us know how it goes.

where are you at?

I’ll put the phone call on wensdays schedule

Guam - small pacific island way past hawaii, 13 degrees off the equator

nice one, I’ll stop by on my vocation ;-)

Wooo

Just thought I’d poke my head in and check everyone is still alive 8)

Still alive… Yes. Wish the board were more active.

I have tried to contact Steve to offer to buy the domain from him and take over hosting it, but all email addresses don’t seem to work or get a response.

Hrm… and here I thought this site had made a come back after all these years… appears to be a ghost town though.

And on the subject of the elusive Steve, this seems to be him http://www.city-gallery.com/knoblock/

I’m trying to find some up-to-date contact info on there now.

I have tried to get some contact info on him as well. The city-gallery.com/knoblock has been his site for awhile and I have tried to contact him through that too. No avail there either.

Good luck finding him… if I can help let me know. I would love to resurect this site without the frequent session full errors.

Have you tried through his ebay account? Although it hasn’t been active in quite some time. :- Perhaps just a change of domain name since we seem to have the space and resources, including the ability to copy the forum as a whole.

Hey all, copying the database is no problem at all… we just need to get the domain :)

Miles

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service