Wordpress, an out the box theme added, help needed

I know this is probably pathetic for this forum but I’m banging my head against a brick wall.

As stated above I have an operating website but I just don’t know how to get it doing exactly what I want & I don’t know who to ask/what to read.

It feels simple, I want a page of full posts displayed in grid fashion and that can be filtered by category. I want it to look simple like “this is why I’m ***”.

There are a multitude of plugins/widgets to layer on top of each other but what i’d Love to be able to do is add code (or would that conflict with the installed theme?) to make a grid that could be filtered. I’m learning basic html & css but just need a little guidance to get me up & running. Thanks everyone

Benanamen Edit: Removed link.

OP, the link you posted is nothing close to an example of your post and smelled of spam.

No it really wasn’t spam, just a fantastic example. But I’m out of depth here so not to worry.

Thisiswhyimbroke.com btw

It would be better if you showed us what you have currently, a screenshot of something you’d like to have, and a description of the functionality referencing specific things in the screenshot. On that website you linked, the price range filter take a solid minute to be applied when I try it.

There’s a dozen ways to do filtering. What do you actually need? I can’t even guess without having a look at your current website. So I’m going to give “simplest thing that works” advice:

Load all relevant database records on the page and include category indentifying data in the html then use the JS from that page to allow showing/hiding the html of each type of post.

Hi, thank you so much for your reply, that example is just what I needed, for starters anyway, i’ll Study it as it clearly explains how the filtering results were achieved.

I’ve had a small break though with a post loop widget recommended to me by the theme’s support team too so I’m moving again now. (Although one day I hope not to completely rely on widgets and plugins!)

I’m loving learning so thanks again for taking the time to reply, (I’ll even forgive the forum for saying I smelt of spam :joy:)

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service