which version for mysql download with PHP, apache and phpmyadmin for windows 7?

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/

I am getting confused as to which version to download here and how to access it via Phpmyadmin… and how to get Phpmyadmin too.

I wanted to practice and learn as my teacher used Drupal which I found confusing.
Thanks for the advice!

This is what I get to… on the download page… and I have no idea which is better…
MySQL Installer 5.6.11

Looking for previous GA versions?

Select Platform:
Microsoft Windows

Windows (x86, 32-bit), MSI Installer 5.6.11 170.6M
Download

(mysql-installer-community-5.6.11.0.msi) MD5: 3652992236d9680aca439e4f4c77a4e3 | Signature
Windows (x86, 32-bit), MSI Installer 5.6.11 1.5M
Download

(mysql-installer-web-community-5.6.11.0.msi) MD5: 20f788b009a7af437ff4abce8fb3a7d1 | Signature
And I don’t know if this is necessary or what these programs are that are referenced at the bottom of the page… This is something better than a virus scan???
We suggest that you use the MD5 checksums and GnuPG signatures to verify the integrity of the packages you download.
Please advise.

I have downloaded MYSSQL using save, save and open, down load logged out of Oracle, logged into Oracle. every time it doesn’t give me the Server Set up Wizard that books tell me should open so I can hit finish and choose standard config… etc… I have extracted all files and looked in bin, and through the files for an exe file and nothing. Advice appreciated.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service