Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]:

I am trying to convert Witango applications hitting mySQL to PHP hitting mySQL. So anything that I do in Witango, I am trying to replicate in PHP. It is coming along, but I have questions. I hope someone can help.

I downloaded a normal Login page. With it came a page that is called check_login.php. This queries mySQL with the login information and if it finds a match, Registers a session, initialized two session variables and then branches to another page. This 3rd page is called, login_success.php. It is on this page that I am testing out different methods of working with PHP and mySQL.

When this page loads, I get the following error message:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /Library/WebServer/Documents/php/login_success.php:2) in /Library/WebServer/Documents/php/login_success.php on line 3

Then it loads the rest of the page just fine. OSX Server 10.4.x, PHP 4.4.8, Apache 1.3.41

Here is the code:

[code]<?php
session_start();

if(!session_is_registered(myusername)){
header(“location:main_login.php”);
}
//make popups
MYSQL_CONNECT(“127.0.0.1”,“admin”,“mormon4”) OR DIE(“Unable to connect to database”);
//Customer List
mysql_select_db(“coolcontent”) or die( “Unable to select database”);
$query=(“select * from cccustomerinfo”);
$result=mysql_query($query) or die (“Unable to Make the Query:” . mysql_error() );
//Class List
$ccquery=(“select distinct notesclassname from ccnotes order by notesclassname asc”);
$ccresult=mysql_query($ccquery) or die (“Unable to Make the Query:” . mysql_error() );
//end make popups

?>

Now Check This Out <?php

while($row=mysql_fetch_array($result)){

echo “”.$row[‘customerfirstname’]."";
}

?>

next popup <?php

while($row=mysql_fetch_array($ccresult)){

echo “”.$row[‘notesclassname’]."";
}

?>

[/code]

I posted on the beginners forum, but no one responded. I hope posting here will enlarge the chances of understanding this.

Any help to understand why the warning, I would appreciate it.

Mark Weiss

Is the code you presented the code for the SUCCESS page or the LOGIN page?

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service