Using php and mysql for filling up a table

Hi, I’m the newly elected webmaster for a college radio site. I don’t know php or MySQL, and the site is written mostly in it. Needless to say, my html, css, and java skills aren’t doing too much. I need to fix something asap, and while I’m frantically reading about php, I don’t think I’ll have enough time to get it done.

Anyway. Our site has a schedule with a table that displays the current djs and their shows. From what I understand from the code, it pulls the from a mysql database and fills up the table. I want to add another variable (for genre) that will change the color of the text or the background of one square in the table depending on the genre of the show. Any help? I accessed the server and I can see where to add new fields. So I guess what I’m asking for is a function that will fill in the table color. Ask me for code, and I’ll post examples.

So sorry if this isn’t very comprehensible, but I would love any direction.

Can you post here piece of code where dj/show data is pulled from the database? It is hard to give directions without seeing current code. Also I would suggest to set up a mirror of website & database, so that you not mess the live site while you’re working with updates.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service