user suggest help

hello this is my first post here :smiley:

i`m trying to check on tiscali.it user suggets but it doesnt work
https://selfcare.tiscali.it/unit/selfcare/it_usersuggest?application=username_suggest&us=asdad

if i try this directly it will show 403
i think that /it_usersuggest is a folder and it has mod_rewrite conditions on or something

how can i get to the actual file it_usersugget
please help ā€¦ thanks in advance

How did you come across this site? Is this your site? When you see urls like the one you provided that doesnā€™t have the page type listed (.php, .asp, .aspx, .html, etc) that is a folder and not a file. The url is pointing to a default page for that directory. The information after the ā€˜?ā€™ is information that gets passed through to the page to use. Here is an example so you can understand:

If I have a directory called scripts and in that directory I have the script index.php, index.php is the serverā€™s default script and if you access the directory without a page in the url, you will go straight to the default script. So I can call www.domain.com/script and itā€™ll automatically point to the index.php. Now in your case the site is pointing to the default script and sending information to it. (www.domain.com/script?var1=value1&var2=value2 is the same as saying www.domain.com/script/index.php?var1=value1&var2=value2)

Now if the website isnā€™t allowing people to access that directory, then itā€™s not meant to be accessed and there is no way to view the page. Also, the script might be in a secure area requiring authentication and you need to have proper authentication to view it. Either way, unless this is your site, we cannot assist you in your problem. Please contact that siteā€™s administrator for help.

ok thanks alot :smiley:

ok then how about this :
[php]<?php
$SMTP = fsockopen(ā€œsmtp.libero.itā€, 25);

$InputBuffer = fgets($SMTP, 1024);

fputs($SMTP, ā€œHELO hello\r\nā€);
fputs($SMTP, ā€œMAIL From: [email protected]\r\nā€);
fputs($SMTP,ā€œRCPT TO: [email protected]\r\nā€);
$InputBuffer = fgets($SMTP, 1024);

echo $InputBuffer;
?>
[/php]

how do i get the server/smtp response to show if the email is valid or not?
550 RCPT TO:[email protected] User unknown

250 RCPT TO:[email protected] OK

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service