User Registration and Login

Hey everyone

I am new here so I apologize if this question has been asked before. I am brand new to PHP so please go easy on me! :slight_smile:

I am creating a website for a local animal shelter and what I’m trying to do is create a simple user registration and login page so the visitors may register for an account and stay logged in throughout the visit. I have setup a MySQL database on the server but when I try and register for an account I get this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘seerfarms.org’ (4) in /home/liph63/public_html/catwalk/register.php on line 43
Failed to connect to database server!
Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘seerfarms.org’ (4)

I am not sure if I have the correct info in my script. Here is what I have:

$mysql_server = ‘seerfarms.org’;
$mysql_username = ‘liph63_users’;
$mysql_password = ‘*****’;
$mysql_database = ‘liph63_users’;
$mysql_table = ‘users’;

I am not sure what the server is actually supposed to be or what the table is supposed to be. But I did setup that database with that user with all permissions. Any and ALL help would be greatly appreciated as I’m getting a bit confused at this point. There are a lot of resources out there, but I’m having trouble understanding a lot of them. Is there an easier way to do this? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
Aaron

I figured it out… but thanks anyway.

I’m also trying to do something where a user can select a “character” to follow them through their visit, or an option to upload their own. Anyone done something like this and can help me out?

Thanks!

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service