Upgrade causing a form issue

Hi there

I have several sites hosted with 1&1 ionos. I have chosen one of my low traffic sites to upgrade from php 7.2 to php 7.4 and test for issues. And low and behold I have one: After upgrading, when I test forms on my site. The form is submitting but there is a warning popping before it goes to the thank you page saying:

Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /homepages…php on line 8272 Please wait while you are redirected.

I need to find a way to remove this warning as it looks awful. I use the most recent version of Tectite formmail for my forms and as far as I know I don’t use that magic quotes at all?

My site is debtadvice.co.uk

If someone could help that would be great as I’m not that knowledgeable. I’ve tried researching for hours and experimenting with different php.ini changes and .htaccess changes but I can’t get anything to work :frowning:

Cheers
Sarah

It’s been depreciated -> https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.get-magic-quotes-gpc.php

You need to get rid of any mention of it in your code and DON’T replace it with anything else.

Thanks. Yeah - I don’t actually use it at all. It is mentioned in the tectite formmail by default but I’m just not sure what exactly to remove without causing problems. (I’ve tried commenting it out)

I have since discovered another website that I’ve upgraded that also uses Tectite Formmail and isn’t causing the issue, so I will see about replicating the settings of that one.

I downgraded to php 7.3 and the issue has since stopped… This doesn’t really help me for future upgrades but buys me some time at least for the supported 7.3.

Not it has not stopped. Your downgraded install just doesn’t have error reporting turned on. Meanwhile your error log files are filling up.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service