undefined function error - migration to php 5.3

Hi all, I’m not a programmer and trying to resolve issues around a contact form that arose from a migration from php 5.2 to 5.3, I could really need your help with this. I found solutions to most of the problems except for this line which is causing a ‘fatal error: call to undefined function error_found()’:

if($val->error) {
$er = $val->error_string;
error_found($er,$failure_accept_message,$failure_page);
die();
}

Would anyone know how to solve this? Thanks!!!

There is no such function even not in PHP 5.2
This has nothing to do with your php migration, you need to declare the function error_found();

anyway here is the code :
[php]
function error_found($var1, $var2, $var3){
echo "Error: $var1
";
echo "Failure mesage: $var2
";
echo "Failure Page: $var3
";
}

if($val->error) {
error_found($er,$failure_accept_message,$failure_page);

die(); note the ‘#’ before die();… if you still get a error mesage delete the ‘#’ from the beginnig of this line, and this text

}[/php]

Plese run the script again and copy/paste the message you get :slight_smile:

Yes, I agree with andrutu… Most likely, in upgrading to the newer version, something else may have been changed so that it does not work now. Look thru all your code for a class or function that sets the “$val->error” value somewhere. It most likely is broken, by a missing letter or another invalid function.

Good luck…

Thank you both so much for your time! Unfortunately it didn’t solve the problem and I have still no clue what’s causing it… Now I get a sytax error (Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /usr/home/deb22928/domains/dccl.nl/public_html/process_form.php on line 209 - line 209 being the php end line ?>) trying both with and without the # (and text). I’ve now copied the whole php code below, should somebody have time to look at what’s wrong with it. I’m sorry, I feel like a baby but I really appreciate your help with this! Thank you, again, in advance…

http://www.phphelp.com/images/php.png<?php

<?php include 'config.php'; // set-up redirect page if($send_back_to_form == "yes") { $redirect_to = $form_page_name."?done=1"; } else { $redirect_to = $success_page; } if(isset($_POST['enc'])) { /* THIS IS THE NEW FORM VALIDATION SECTION */ include 'validation.class.php'; /* SET REQUIRED */ $reqobj = new required; // ADD ALL REQUIRED FIELDS TO VALIDATE! $reqobj->add("naam","NOT_EMPTY"); $reqobj->add("email","EMAIL"); $reqobj->add("bericht","NOT_EMPTY"); $reqobj->add("answer_out","NUMERIC"); $out = $reqobj->out(); $val = new validate($out, $_POST); if($val->error) { $er = $val->error_string; function error_found($var1, $var2, $var3){ echo "Error: $var1
"; echo "Failure message: $var2
"; echo "Failure Page: $var3
"; } // check for any human hacking attempts class clean { function comments($message) { $this->naughty = false; $this->message = $message; $bad = array("content-type","bcc:","to:","cc:","href"); $for = array( "\r", "\n", "%0a", "%0d"); foreach($bad as $b) { if(preg_match($b, $this->message)) { $this->naughty = true; } } $this->message = str_replace($bad,"#removed#", $this->message); $this->message = stripslashes(str_replace($for, ' ', $this->message)); // check for HTML/Scripts $length_was = strlen($this->message); $this->message = strip_tags($this->message); if(strlen($this->message) < $length_was) { $this->naughty = true; } } } // class // function to handle errors function error_found($mes,$failure_accept_message,$failure_page) { if($failure_accept_message == "yes") { $qstring = "?prob=".urlencode(base64_encode($mes)); } else { $qstring = ""; } $error_page_url = $failure_page."".$qstring; header("Location: $error_page_url"); die(); } /* validate the encrypted strings */ $dec = false; $valid = false; $dec = valEncStr(trim($_POST['enc']), $mkMine); if($dec == true) { $valid = true; } else { $er = "De ingevulde gegevens zijn incorrect.
$dec"; error_found($er,$failure_accept_message,$failure_page); die(); } // check the spam question has the correct answer $ans_one = $_POST['answer_out']; $fa = new encdec; $ans_two = $fa->decrypt($_POST['answer_p']); if($ans_one === $ans_two) { $valid = true; } else { $er ='Uw spam preventie antwoord is incorrect.'; error_found($er,$failure_accept_message,$failure_page); die(); } if($valid) { $email_from = $_POST['email']; $email_message = "Het volgende bericht is verstuurd op ".date("d-m-Y")." om ".date("H:i")."\n\n"; // loop through all form fields submitted // ignore all fields used for security measures foreach($_POST as $field_name => $field_value) { if($field_name == "answer_out" || $field_name == "answer_p" || $field_name == "enc") { // do not email these security details } else { // run all submitted content through string checker // removing any dangerous code $ms = new clean; $ms->comments($field_value); $is_naughty = $ms->naughty; $this_val = $ms->message; $email_message .= $field_name.": ".$this_val."\n\n"; } } if($is_naughty) { if($accept_suspected_hack == "yes") { // continue } else { // pretend the email was sent header("Location: $redirect_to"); die(); } $email_subject = $email_suspected_spam; } // create email headers $headers = 'From: '.$email_from."\r\n" . 'Reply-To: '.$email_from."\r\n" . 'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion(); // send the email @mail($email_it_to, $email_subject, $email_message, $headers); // redirect header("Location: $redirect_to"); die(); } } else { extract($_POST); if(isset($enc)) { echo "register globals may be on, please switch this setting off (look at php.net for details, specifically the ini_set() function )"; } else { die('There was an error, please check the form was configured properly.'); } } ?>

Well, this is NOT correct:
if($val->error) {
function error_found($var1, $var2, $var3){
echo "Error: $var1
";
echo "Failure message: $var2
";
echo "Failure Page: $var3
";
}

You can not do the if and put a function inside it. Functions should be defined at the beginning of the PHP code. All functions are usually created together. (Or, sometimes at the bottom…) But, never inside an IF… I am guessing that the bracket after the if is not supposed to be there…

AFTER looking over the rest of the page, it looks like just the function above including one open and one close brackets are supposed to be at the top of the PHP code. Move it to just after the <?PHP and see how that works.

anne next time use please the php tags, so we can see and understand faster the code.
As Alex said you can`t put a function into a if-while, unless you need the function in it.

Please copy/paste exactly as i typed the php code and let us know what you get.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service