Topic Completion

I love the site, and everyone helping each other makes a big difference. I have been helped many times, when all I needed was a set of new eyes to see a simple typo. I sometimes find it more difficult to find unsolved post. It would be a great improvement if a record could be made to mark as solved. Sometimes just because there are a few replies doesn?t mean that it is solved. I think it would be a great addition to an already useful community

I agree that this would be very useful, though not as much in a small a community as our own. On a larger site, it would be a huge time saver.

Thats not a bad idea, a simple title change to “Solved” would be quite effective…

I’ll investiigate this, sadly I dont have control over any of the back end of PHPHelp, only PHPBB

I saw this thread and since then, (Even though I’m new and have only a couple of posts) I’ve been going in and editing my topic title with “(solved)” at the end when it has been …well…solved. :lol:

I think your idea is a great one. Maybe an announcement asking users to that would work to a certain degree?

I have seen this done on other sites and it is a good idea and in a utopian world it would work. Sadly, people never seem to take the time to click on the link that just adds the word resolved to the title. I know it would save time and be great, but I still don’t see many people besides the commoners here using it.

Just my thought on it.

If I had access to the hard code of the site, I’d make the changes myself. But alas, its not a perfect world. Builder would have to make the changes.

But yes, in the mean time maybe an annoucement would be suitable

Just a note (hoping those posted here will get the email) to say the site is back up and to come back (and bring your friends)

8)

Yup all working!

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service