SUBQUERIES

I am working with MySQL 5.0.45 in a remote server. Now I am using subqueries and it seems that doesn’t work. I receive the same error msg about syntax: #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual…
I have tried in different ways modifying the instructions but I receive same error. Here are the last instructions:

[code]SELECT ‘Student ID’
FROM (

SELECT Students. ‘Student ID’, Students. ‘Student Name’, Students. ‘School Code’
FROM Students
WHERE (
Students. ‘School Code’ =133821
)
) AS Q1
WHERE ‘Student ID’ <> ANY(
(

SELECT DISTINCT Students. ‘Student Name’, School Tutoring Dates.Date, Students. ‘Student ID’
FROM School Tutoring Dates
INNER JOIN (
Students
INNER JOIN Students Attendance ON Students. ‘Student ID’ = Students Attendance. ‘Student ID’
) ON School Tutoring Dates. ‘School Date Id’ = Students Attendance. ‘School Date Id’
WHERE (
School Tutoring Dates.Date
) = ‘2001-01-01’
)
[/code]Before, I didn’t use the “ANY” and it was different the queries but anyway I received the syntax error message. It is about the very first line. Here is the exact message:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''Student ID', Students.'Student Name', Students.'School Code' FROM Students WH' at line 1
The former query was [code]SELECT query2.'Student ID' , query2.'Student Name', query2.'School Code' FROM (SELECT Students.'Student ID', Students.'Student Name', Students.'School Code' FROM Students WHERE (Students.'School Code'=133821)) AS query2 LEFT JOIN (SELECT DISTINCT Students.'Student Name', `School Tutoring Dates`.Date, Students.'Student ID' FROM `School Tutoring Dates` INNER JOIN (Students INNER JOIN `Students Attendance` ON Students.'Student ID' = `Students Attendance`.'Student ID') ON `School Tutoring Dates`.'School Date Id' = `Students Attendance`.'School Date Id' WHERE (`School Tutoring Dates`.Date)='2001-01-01') AS query1 ON query2.'Student ID'=query1.'Student ID' WHERE (query1.'Student ID' Is Null)[/code] IN ACCESS, the equivalent in syntaxis did work.

I’ll appreciate any help. Thanks.

The only thing I could think of is the fact that you’re using spaces in your table column names. Please have a look at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/identifiers.html to learn of ‘special’ characters in identifier names. Perhaps http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ … -mode.html will also help you advance this issue.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service