Stuck on project.

i am sorry if i posted this in the incorrect place, move it if need be.

okay… well i have been trying to get help from the guys on phpBB but they apparently don’t want anything to do with this issue but here is my issue. I’m trying to get phpBB3 to work as a portal to certain files. These files need to be parsed from the BB’s database with 2 custom profile fields, username (which will just be the companies name) and an address (which can be another custom profile field). everything i have tried has given me problems. I need help in the worst way cause this project is due on friday. If anyone can help me in the least, i would be most grateful.

What i have done so far is as follows but gives me nothing but errors.

[code]<?php
$connect = mysql_connect(“xxxxxxxxxxx.net”,“dboxxxxxxxx”,“xxxxxxxxx”);
if (!$connect)
{
die('Could not connect: ’ . mysql_error());
}

mysql_select_db(“dbxxxxxxxxx”, $connect);

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM phpbb1_profile_fields);
$result1 = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM phpbb1_users);

($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
($row1 = mysql_fetch_array($result1))
?>

Benefits Election Form
<?php
echo date(DATE_RFC822);
echo "

"; echo $row1['username']; echo $row['address']; echo "

"; ?> RE: <?php echo $row['planname'] . " " . $row['plan_name']; ?> BENEFIT ELECTION & SPOUSE CONSENT FORMS

Dear <?php echo $row['username']; ?>:

You are eligible for a benefit from the <?php echo $row['planname'] . " " . $row['plan_name']; ?> and need to complete both the
enclosed Benefit Election Form and Spouse’s Consent Form to select the manner in which you wish to receive
your benefit - Lump Sum/Rollover or Monthly Annuity.[/code]

i would rather do this via $_cookie but phpBB does not keep these things in cookies, it just queries directly.

If someone has an idea as to not use phpBB which would be perfectly fine with me and the company i’m working for, i just need per user access levels, a way to register users via admin backend (no public registration needed), and a way to parse the 3 files i need to parse.

I thank you for your time in advance,
~phixious
Jeremy S.

ps. i posted this same problem on the expert-exchange and no one has really helped at all…

okay… well thanks for the lack of help @_@ project is now done though…

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service