Site created with Plesk Site Builder tool needs PHP revision; please help !!

So, I built a website, www.dogimprovement.com, for my small business, using the Plesk Site Builder tool due to the fact I have NO IDEA how to build a website from scratch. Things were going great until I got an e-mail from my host informing me they were upgrading their serveres and my site would stop working unless I “hired a developer” to help me “repair the code.” What code? What do I do now??? I have no idea how to fix this, or even who to ask. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Whos your host? Sounds like my experience with 1&1, ask them to tell whats changing and what the developer needs to do. Once yoYou know im sure someone can help you?

Thanks for replying! :slight_smile:
My host is HostDime, and the information I got was:

“Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, we do not provide coding support; you
will need to ensure the functions and other code being utilized with your pages
is properly coded for PHP 5.3. You can find more information about these
functions at [ php.net ]. Please be sure to let us know if you have further
questions and we will be happy to assist you further.”

I used the Site Builder thing in the first place because I have no idea how to actually build a website from scratch. Ugh. And no, I don’t know anyone who can help me. I work from home and am just searching online hoping I can get some direction. Thanks again.

Peggy

Once they change it over, if you get errors then post the errors on here and someone can help. Without seeing the source code its impossible to say what may go wrong.

Also, most likely you just have to go back into your Plesk Site Builder and refresh the site.
Basically, Plesk will resave the site and all should be okay. I did help someone who was using a
very old version of Plesk Site Builder and they updated that and resaved the site and all was well.

Good luck, let us know if you can’t figure it out…

Hello, and thanks for replying.

This is the link, to one of my website’s pages, that isn’t working:

http://dogimprovement.com/Enroll_Your_Dog.php

The error message doesn’t really tell me much, but again, I have no idea what I am looking for.
How do I determine what the problem is? Where do I get the information that might help others (like someone from this message board??) help me?

Thanks!
Peggy

Hi Peggy,

the page is blank for me.

Sign into your cpanel(plesk panel), i use plesk so these instructions should work.

click on the tab “website and domians” then in the options below click “file manager”.

find your enroll dog page and look for a pencil icon to thr right of it(edit) click this and at the top put copy this code and save
[php]
error_reporting(E_ALL);
[/php]

reload the enrol page and copy the error and post it here.

remove the error_reporting once you have copyied the message and save the page again.

A couple quick comments on how to debug your code.

First, look for the PHP ending at each line. " ; " Check any Javascript codes for ending, too.

Next, review all of your tables and PHP conditionals and make sure you have balanced " { " and " } "s.
(Quite often your code may never finish due to open if’s or while’s, etc…)

Also, you must always remember that PHP is handled server-side. It “pushes” it’s output to the browser.
Therefore, all of it’s output MUST be standard HTML or Javascript. So, if you have PHP that echo’s data,
it must be formatted correctly. So, “echo something” will not work. “echo $somevariable;” or even
“echo ‘something’;” will work. Check all prints and echo’s for valid HTML outputs.

Hope this helps for a start…

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service