Session IP help

Hi folks,

Was wondering if anyone could help me with my login script, i want to be able to add a seesion var for IP that will stay the lenght of the session, i have tried to work it out for a while now by adding in

$_session[‘ip’] = $_server[Remote_ADDR] and then trying to echo it out to test, but when i do this either to login stops working or it works but doesnt display the IP

Any help you could provide would stop me drinking 24tins of coke and getting a good nites sleep hehe. I would aslo like to beable to update my IP feild in my user table.

My login.php script is below:
[php]

<? /** * Checks whether or not the given username is in the * database, if so it checks if the given password is * the same password in the database for that user. * If the user doesn't exist or if the passwords don't * match up, it returns an error code (1 or 2). * On success it returns 0. */ function confirmUser($username, $password){ global $conn; /* Add slashes if necessary (for query) */ if(!get_magic_quotes_gpc()) { $username = addslashes($username); } /* Verify that user is in database */ $q = "select password from users where username = '$username'"; $result = mysql_query($q,$conn); if(!$result || (mysql_numrows($result) < 1)){ return 1; //Indicates username failure } /* Retrieve password from result, strip slashes */ $dbarray = mysql_fetch_array($result); $dbarray['password'] = stripslashes($dbarray['password']); $password = stripslashes($password); /* Validate that password is correct */ if($password == $dbarray['password']){ return 0; //Success! Username and password confirmed } else{ return 2; //Indicates password failure } } /** * checkLogin - Checks if the user has already previously * logged in, and a session with the user has already been * established. Also checks to see if user has been remembered. * If so, the database is queried to make sure of the user's * authenticity. Returns true if the user has logged in. */ function checkLogin(){ /* Check if user has been remembered */ if(isset($_COOKIE['cookname']) && isset($_COOKIE['cookpass'])){ $_SESSION['username'] = $_COOKIE['cookname']; $_SESSION['password'] = $_COOKIE['cookpass']; } /* Username and password have been set */ if(isset($_SESSION['username']) && isset($_SESSION['password'])){ /* Confirm that username and password are valid */ if(confirmUser($_SESSION['username'], $_SESSION['password']) != 0){ /* Variables are incorrect, user not logged in */ unset($_SESSION['username']); unset($_SESSION['password']); return false; } return true; } /* User not logged in */ else{ return false; } } /** * Determines whether or not to display the login * form or to show the user that he is logged in * based on if the session variables are set. */ function displayLogin(){ global $logged_in; if($logged_in){ echo "Welcome $_SESSION[username], you are logged in."; echo "$_SESSION['ip']"; echo " Logout"; } else{ ?> Login
Username:
Password:
Remember me next time
<? } } /** * Checks to see if the user has submitted his * username and password through the login form, * if so, checks authenticity in database and * creates session. */ if(isset($_POST['sublogin'])){ /* Check that all fields were typed in */ if(!$_POST['user'] || !$_POST['pass']){ die('You didn't fill in a required field.'); } /* Spruce up username, check length */ $_POST['user'] = trim($_POST['user']); if(strlen($_POST['user']) > 30){ die("Sorry, the username is longer than 30 characters, please shorten it."); } /* Checks that username is in database and password is correct */ $md5pass = md5($_POST['pass']); $result = confirmUser($_POST['user'], $md5pass); /* Check error codes */ if($result == 1){ die('That username doesn't exist in our database.'); } else if($result == 2){ die('Incorrect password, please try again.'); } /* Username and password correct, register session variables */ $_POST['user'] = stripslashes($_POST['user']); $_SESSION['username'] = $_POST['user']; $_SESSION['password'] = $md5pass; /** * This is the cool part: the user has requested that we remember that * he's logged in, so we set two cookies. One to hold his username, * and one to hold his md5 encrypted password. We set them both to * expire in 100 days. Now, next time he comes to our site, we will * log him in automatically. */ if(isset($_POST['remember'])){ setcookie("cookname", $_SESSION['username'], time()+60*60*24*100, "/"); setcookie("cookpass", $_SESSION['password'], time()+60*60*24*100, "/"); } /* Quick self-redirect to avoid resending data on refresh */ echo ""; return; } /* Sets the value of the logged_in variable, which can be used in your code */ $logged_in = checkLogin(); ?>

[/php]
Kind Regards
Dee

Sorted.

Admin Can Close

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service