Server Specs

Is it possible or any sites out there where I can check the specs of a server based on Its IP address or domain. I would like to just enter the IP address of a server and get the specification of that server. I don’t have access to the server and don’t have it physically.

a website i know is using the same script as I. We have the same amount of users and files but his site is super fast and mine is slow even though I have a more expensive server than him. I know the service provider his using but i would like to see the specs of his server so i can order the same service.

Thanks

That’s not possible unless the server is configured and programmed to publish such information. Why don’t you contact the system administrator to ask him what specs it has?

If a server has SNMP enabled, and you can view it’s data, then you can get a Sense of what the server is. But as already pointed out, unless the server is “Broadcasting” that information (in some way) there is no way to tell. It would be very dangerous if it were, however.

In it something is. Thanks for the help in this question, the easier, the better …

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service