Puzzle script based on user's IP

I need a script for a puzzle based on the user’s IP address, but I just can’t wrap my head around how to do it. The user is trying to solve for partial map coordinates presented to them as a formula. The variables for the puzzle itself would be in the form of ABC.DEF.GHI.JKL where each letter would be associated with the corresponding digit in their IP addy and a formula returned as an image.

The user is trying to solve for partial map coordinates. For the steps listed below, let’s say the correct answer is N 35 54.374 W 084 01.829 and the user’s IP is 75.36.25.58. The user is provided with the beginning of both longitude and latitude but must figure out the rest (N 35 54.??? W 084 01.???) but does not know the formula is based on their IP.

Essentially, when the visitor loads the page these processes happen:

(1) Obtain visitor’s IP address.

(2) Pad each section of IP addy with leading zeroes if less than 3 digits; i.e., if IP is 75.36.25.58 then reformat to render 075.036.025.058.

(3) Initiate loops to generate formula based on IP to produce needed digits (3,7,4,8,2,9). Loop (a) use a single letter if possible, otherwise loop (b) two letters added or subtracted if possible, otherwise loop © a number added to or subtracted to/from a letter

(4) Return formula displayed as text or as an image

So, in our example, if the user’s IP address is 75.36.25.58 and the six missing digits are 3 7 4 8 2 9 then…

(1) obtain IP 75.36.25.58

(2) Pad to render 075.036.025.058 (
ABC.DEF.GHI.JKL)

(3a) Apply loop (a) to assign 3=E, 7=B, (no 4 available), 8=L, 2=H, (no 9 available).
(3b) Apply loop (b) trying addition to render missing digits; 4 can’t be formed through addition but it can through subtraction with 6-2=F-H or 7-3=B-E. 9 can be formed with 7+2=B+H or 6+3=F+E (as well as 2+7 and 3+6).
(3c) Invoke loop ©; unnecessary here.

(4) Return final puzzle formula as text or image: N 35 54. (E) (B) (F - H) W 084 01. (L) (H) (B + H)

Whatever I use as the final correct answer will not change and be the same for all users; only the puzzle formula would differ for each user as it would be based on their IP at the moment.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gary

This is a help forum where people show what they have coded. Show what you have so far and people will give you help. I like helping people out, but I’m also redoing my website so I really don’t have the time to go in depth. I’m trying to say this in a nice way, but an honest way.

I apologize for my misunderstanding.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service