Problems with Loops / For's / Cycles

Hey guys, i’m kind of stuck here, and was wondering if anyone could give me a hand. I’m kind of new in PHP, and currently I’m experiencing a cycle problem.

I have a php page that recieve a list of variable number of arrays (it can be one array, or even 10), and what i want the cycle to do is, is to print out each value contained in each array.

Example of variables recieved through POST:

([course1] => Array ( [0] => BBB [1] => YA ) [course2] => Array ( [0] => EWA) [course3] => Array ( [0] => aaa))
[php]for($i = 0; $i < $num_course; $i++) // num_course is the number of arrays (course0,course1) that are recieved
        {

$test = "course".$i;

for($x = 0; $x < sizeof($test); $x++)
               {

echo("$test[$x]");
               }

}

[/php]

I think that the problem here is the $test variable. I don’t what the sizeof($test), but yes the sizeof(course0, course1,etc) … and also, i don’t what to echo the $test[$x] variable, but yes the $course0[$x], $course1[$x], etc…

i hope i made myself clear :?

I would glady appreciate any help!

Within your “for” loop, your variable $test contain the array name (string value, not actually the array what you want). To access array itself, you need to use this construct ${“course”.$i}
So your correct code will be:

[php]
for($i = 0; $i < $num_course; $i++)
{

$test = ${“course”.$i};

for($x = 0; $x < sizeof($test); $x++)
{

echo($test[$x]);

}

}
[/php]

Or better yet, since you’re receiving these arrays via POST method, you can do this:

[php] $test = $_POST[“course”.$i];
[/php]

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service