php website - links do not work

[size=3][font=calibri]Hi! [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=calibri]I am not a PHP person and I apologize for my question. I need to be pointed in the right direction before to start digging[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=calibri]I have a website set up in a subdomain… It’s loading fine the content of the first page and is connecting to the content database just fine.[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=calibri]In the main page which is index.php I have the content dynamically loaded and in the content the links are like this[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=calibri][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=calibri]These links do not work and I am getting the “The page cannot be found” error “HTTP 404”[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=calibri]The path as it appears in browser address bar is:[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=calibri]http://test.mysite.com/index.php/contact_us[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=calibri]The “index.php” page where all the processing occurs and the content is pulled dynamically is not even hit after accessing those links. I just want to mention that this is a old site and it’s working fine on the existent server but it has to be moved.[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=calibri]Is this a PHP(php.ini) setting or is just a web server issue? [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=calibri]Thank you very much for your time.[/font][/size]

There must be a url rewrite rules in the .htaccess - check on your old site.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service