PHP Session Error - Invalid Argument

My website keeps throwing the error below. I have no experience with PHP and how to fix. Can anyone help?

PHP Warning: session_start(): open(C:\Windows\TEMP\sess_03ccf17dbdb800b4567fe35ffcf287bc, O_RDWR) failed: Invalid argument (22) in D:\Data\Web\abbott-group.new\staging\wp-content\plugins\easyship-woocommerce-shipping-rates\easyship.php on line 73 PHP Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: ) in D:\Data\Web\abbott-group.new\staging\wp-content\plugins\easyship-woocommerce-shipping-rates\easyship.php on line 73

Is there an update to that plugin, and is it compatible with your PHP and WordPress version?

The plugin has been tested to wordpress 5.2.1.

They have commented that they think it’s related to PHP/Windows more than the plugin.

What web server are you using Apache, IIS, something else? A web search turns up more results for the error/error number for IIS than for Apache.

This type of error means there’s a problem with the session.save_path. However, if the folder being used doesn’t exist, the error message states so (on an Apache web server) and is a different error number. I suspect a permission problem, i.e. the user the web server is running under doesn’t have permission to access the folder being used in the session.save_path setting. That the (path: ) part of the error message is empty, is odd, unless you or the forum software altered what was posted/displayed?

Check your php.ini file under the [Session] section.