PHP not redirecting to next page (IIS7)

I have installed PHP 5.4 with IIS7. I also have MySQL5.5 installed. Running localhost I can open the initial PHP page which is a login page to my website but when I click on a button on that page that should transfer me to the next page all I get is a blank screen.
I initially developed these pages on a different PC under Apache and everything works fine.
I started from scratch installing PHP on the box with IIS. Then I just transferred my previously developed pages to the root directory. I am assuming that the php code should not change.
I think I must be missing something critical in the php.ini file but I don’t know what that is.
Several installation instructions from the web all seem to be slightly different.
Any suggestions?

I’m running IIS 7.

Go into your PHP manager and go into error reporting and open the log. I’m taking it you have it set as a production machine, this means errors are not shown on the page but rather in the log. If you have any trouble troubleshooting via the log, get back and I’ll take a look.

Thanks.
Let me state that I am not well versed in the “under the covers” setup that needs to be done. I am primarily an applications person.
I have found the logs for IIS but I do not see php manager.
I am starting to think that I may need to reinstall PHP.
Like I said initially I have found several links for install instructions on the web and each one has some slightly different information. This site
http://blog.pluralsight.com/iis-7-install-fastcgi-php (first does this look like a good set of instructions?)
does not mention copying the php.ini file to the windows folder like other instructions say to. Just leave it in the PHP folder. Does it make a difference? Right now the .ini in the windows folder and the .ini in the php folder are different.
Also I may not have selected IIS FastCGI like it suggests, although I did do some fastcgi settings through the IIS manager.
The primary changes to php.ini appear to be:
fastcgi.impersonate = 1
cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1
cgi.force_redirect = 0

I have also seen these:
open_basedir = c:\inetpub
fastcgi.logging = 0
doc_root = “C:\inetpub\wwwroot”
extension_dir = :C:\php\ext"
extensions = php_mbstring.dll
extensions=php_gd2.dll
extensions=php_mysqli.dll
extensions=php_mysql.dll
session.save_path=“C:\php\session”
I don’t know which of these are required and which are not.

Then recently I learned something else about where I am installing on IIS.
There is another website already setup under IIS running asp.net. I know that these cannot run at the same time through the same port. So I am sure that complicates things.
Can both of these even be running on the same server? or am I fighting a losing battle?

Like I said I am not a systems guy so any help is appreciated.

I use IIS7 also…

I bet your php code is using Short tags…

Add this to you php.ini

short_open_tag = 1

Thus I guess the PHP programmers will have to change their code, running with PHP 5.5.x.

aliiii