PHP MySQL connection problem

Hi, I’m having major problems getting my MySQL connection to work with my PHP site. And by major problems, I mean it’s not working. I haven’t done anything radical, so I don’t know why this is happening. Basically, whenever I try to start Apache (windows version), I get the error

syntax error, unexpected END_OF_LINE, expecting '=' in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\php\php.ini on line 2

Strangely, when I look at the php.ini file, everything is as it should be. In fact, my entire site is up and running, minus MySQL. Any Suggestions?

Can you paste the first few lines from your php.ini file?

Well, the first three lines (not including the commented out sections) are like this:

e[php]
engine = On
short_open_tag = Off
asp_tags = Off
precision = 14

If I take out the e from e[php], I can’t start apache at all. I’m not sure if that’s a typo or something necessary.
The error says that Apache HTTP Server had to close, with the error involving php5ts.dll.
Any solutions or advice?

The 1st thing I would try is reinstalling mysql, or simply install wamp and see if you have the same problem

Maybe I’ll back up my data and install wamp. It looks much more organized than having all my php, mysql, and apache stuff separately.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service