PHP mail transition from Apache to Windows server

I have used Agosoft Mailserver Pro for years on a Windows box with no issue when my hosted websites were on a Linux box (with mail turned on). This week, after a Linux crash, I moved all sites to a Windows Server box running Apache and PHP.

Short version:
Now I get a “354 Enter mail. end with “.” on a line by itself” hang/error on Argo MailPro when trying to use/send a PHP form mailer on the Windows server into Argo MailServer.

Long version:
I migrated pages with forms from a Linux box to a Windows server. I cannot figure what to change in the php form scripts to get a mail to go/work directly through Argo Mail Server. I have tried numerous (apparently) incorrect “/n” edits trying to add a “.”.

HOWEVER - using an email relay program set to port 2525 on the same machne (and modifying the php.ini sendmail port accordingly), an email goes through the relay program and Argo accepts it.

I have tested several PHP scripts and it has to be a formatting issue in the PHP as it (PHP) talks to Argo (I have tried 2 versions) but stops Argo when the message tries to send (and I get the 354).

FYI - I had this problem with a commercial surveillance DVR software too (sending alarm email to Argo) and the vendor (AverMedia) re-wrote their software, but couldn’t tell me what they did.

Hope I am clear - Appreciate any help!

I want to elaborate that I am sending OUT emails fine; its receiving them in Argo that isnt working.

Did you change your php.ini to use SMTP (Windows Only) instead of what you had before?

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service