PHP Image Module TrueColors does not work in IE 7

Hello,

I am trying to use a very cool program from
http://truecolor.allayers.com/

It’s the latest version Truecolor 1.3 Full. IT’s a free download, it’s a php module which allows you to modify an image in a number of different ways. The big one for me being able to add text to an image.

It works great in Firefox and IE 6 but in IE 7 an error message pops up that says “old browser” and then does not bring up any of the functions(like the ability to add text to an image).

I was wondering if anyone might know why this is and have a possible fix for it.

Thank you for all your help,

Dustin

The module probably uses the browser Identification which is contained in the Super Global of HTTP_USER_AGENT. Since IE7 is NEW, it’s possible that the module you are using doesn’t recognize the User Agent and thus defaults to some “Failed” value.

Maybe try and “Modify” the User Agent (Variable) after the page has been submitted.

A lot of this is based on the assumption that the module uses the user agent. You may need to investigate that too.

I know that the module was built back in the 2003 - 2004 so I believe that it is somehow running bad code based on how it thinks it’s an older browswer. When I run it I get that error message but that error message is from a javascript function, so I’m not sure if the problem is in the javascript or in the php. I actually think it might be javascript related the more I work with it but I’m not sure.
If it is php how do I find the Agent(Variable) that is using the Super Global HTTP_USER_AGENT, when I do a search for HTTP_USER_AGENT it is not in the script.
By the way this entire module is just one script, I’ll post it below this post if anyone would like to review it.

Thank you for all your help,

Dustin

ADMIN EDIT: Removed code as the whole script need not be posted in here.
Code was pasted in to http://phphelp.com/examples/truecolor.txt for reference.

I believe if you search your document for agent and you will find that it is the JAVASCRIPT, and it only looks for MSIE 5 and MSIE 6 and not MSIE 7

Since I am not well versed with Javascript so I don’t know how you would want to resolve that.

Thanks a lot peg110,

I was able to figure out the problem with the javascript looking for “agent”, and now it’s working great. I just had to add code checking for msie 7, i was able to look up some examples online and from there I was able to figure it out.

Thanks for all your help,

Dustin

Glad to be of service…

Come back and return the favor sometime.

8)
Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service