PHP code for alternative to mailto: in HTML?

i created a submission page in HTML so that clients can enter help desk tickets without needing to go through the portal. However, they do not want to have the submission page relocate and open up their email from using the mailto: script in HTML. I was advised to use PHP so that once they click submit, the content of the submission page will be directly sent to the specified email without any email applications being opened. However, I am not at all familiar with PHP and would greatly appreciate anyone that could advise me with the code to make this work. Here is what my HTML looks like

<!-- Main -->
				<section id="main" class="container 75%">
					<header>
						<h2>Help Desk Ticket</h2>
						<p>Submit a Help Desk Ticket to IT</p>
					</header>
					<div class="box">
						<form class="submit-email" action="submit_email.php" method="post">
							<div class="row uniform 50%">
								<div class="6u 12u(mobilep)">
									<input type="text" name="name" id="name" value="" placeholder="Name" />
								</div>
								<div class="6u 12u(mobilep)">
									<input type="email" name="email" id="email" value="" placeholder="Email" />
								</div>
							</div>
								<div class="12u">
									<input type="text" name="subject" id="subject" value="" placeholder="Subject" />
								</div>
							</div>
								<div class="12u">
									<textarea name="message" id="message" placeholder="Description of Problem" rows="6"></textarea>
								</div>
							</div>
							<div class="row uniform">
								<div class="12u">
									<ul class="actions align-center">
										<li></a><input type="submit" value="Submit Ticket" /></li>
									</ul>
								</div>
							</div>
						</form>
					</div>
				</section>

Thank you again

Are you familiar with any server side languages?

The basic principle is, make a form, process the form, send the email. Though, especially for a help desk ticket, it should generate a database record for tracking.

I am not unfortunately

Then you need some basics first.

https://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/151774-basic-php-part-01/
https://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/58320-php-a-dynamically-created-order-form-and-receipt-emailed-to-owner/

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service