newbie to here and PHP

hi,

just wanted to say hi and that i would be asking some dumb kind of questions as a newbie PHP / Mysqli dabbler

just trying to get to grips with database design and website integration and am struggling a lot
i have a login page completed, just need to session it but am stuck on that for now, will get there soon i hope

i am a worker in a papermill (hence the name) and am looking to design a website to allow hauliers to book a loading slot, (in fact the website is done except for the bits i will be asking about on here… but it is not secure so dont want to publish it yet.)

anyway glad to be here and looking forward to support to help me learn PHP

Welcome. I like that you have a focus on security before publishing it. Remember that Rome wasn’t built in one day, take on one thing at a time and you’ll figure it out. If you decide to post any questions please remember to include what you’re trying to achieve, the relevant code and any error messages you’re getting. Good luck!

Glad you could join us. Jump in, the water fine!

When you ask your questions, please put your sample code inside of the PHP tags. Simply press the PHP
button and place your code between the two of them that pop into your text. Also, make the subject text
to be clear on what you need help with. It helps us focus in on your needs.

Post your questions… Welcome!

Hi thanks for the welcome,

i have been playing around with this for about a year to get the login setup sorted out so its not a quick journey, i would rather take longer and get it right :slight_smile:

i am using both wamp & a free web domain to check and double check the site but as its not yet secure there are no real login details kept, only ficticious enties for testing so no danger of leaking data.

this works ok, managed to also get the logout sorted so it takes you to google if you quit or back to the site if you cancel,

is this the right thing to do on closing a visit?, sort of forcing the user to google might be frowned upon, im not sure if i should do that or just direct to a blank page.

Please create threads for questions, very few will open up a welcome thread if searching for solutions for similar problems in the future :slight_smile:

And no, usually you are just redirected to the same page (but then without authentication so no auth menus and actions), or to the front page if the current page is for authenticated users only.

Hello dear, I am another newbie here. I am a learner of php and programming. I like php, its awesome. I am happy to find this forum. Thank and hope I will get many helps that I need.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service