Need to build a CT Lost and Pound website. please Help.

Hello,

I have been building website for about 10 years now. I know PHP, HTML, some Java. I’m ok loading and creating databases for like phpbb and shopping carts. But I need help on this.

I belong to several animal rescues and I am trying to help more. I want to build a website kinda like petfinder.com only I am calling in Connecticut Lost and Pound. Problem is I don’t know where to start. I have never build a site like this before. I would like to learn. And I mean start from scratch.

I really want this to be a nice website where people log on with their own accounts, upload photos of animals that need homes, adoption fees, what kind of home they need, good with other animals, etc. I hope to get people to advertise on it to help pay for it, but I know that won’t happen for years.

If you can help, please e-mail me or respond to me here.

I am also looking to build a site called Rate My Vet. I own the domain, I just don’t have anything on it. Kinda like Rate My Professor website. I feel as though people should know more about the vets out there since our pets are like our children.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Heather

Please post your specifications here - what are the requirements to the website what you want to build. Depending on functionality needed, we can suggest either (a) an existing open source product that you can customize to your needs, or (b) custom programmed code, to match your needs exactly.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service