Need help with a Fatal Error

I’m getting this error when I’m testing a member sign up on my Wordpress site through a plugin called Memberpress.

Fatal error : Uncaught ValueError: Path cannot be empty

This is the stack trace that I’m getting:
Fatal error : Uncaught ValueError: Path cannot be empty in /home1/rocyour1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memberpress/app/controllers/MeprUsersCtrl.php:389 Stack trace: #0 /home1/rocyour1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memberpress/app/controllers/MeprUsersCtrl.php(389): get_headers(’’) #1 /home1/rocyour1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memberpress/app/models/MeprUser.php(949): MeprUsersCtrl::validate_extra_profile_fields(NULL, NULL, NULL, true, Object(MeprProduct)) #2 /home1/rocyour1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memberpress/app/controllers/MeprCheckoutCtrl.php(271): MeprUser::validate_signup(Array, Array) #3 /home1/rocyour1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memberpress/app/controllers/MeprAppCtrl.php(840): MeprCheckoutCtrl->process_signup_form() #4 /home1/rocyour1/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(303): MeprAppCtrl::parse_standalone_request(’’) #5 /home1/rocyour1/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(327): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #6 /home1/rocyour1/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(470): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #7 /home1/rocyour1/public_html/wp-settings.php(578): do_action(‘init’) #8 /home1/rocyour1/public_html/wp-config.php(103): require_once(’/home1/rocyour1…’) #9 /home1/rocyour1/public_html/wp-load.php(50): require_once(’/home1/rocyour1…’) #10 /home1/rocyour1/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once(’/home1/rocyour1…’) #11 /home1/rocyour1/public_html/index.php(17): require(’/home1/rocyour1…’) #12 {main} thrown in /home1/rocyour1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/memberpress/app/controllers/MeprUsersCtrl.php on line 389

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 8.30.23 AM|690x434

Well, first, welcome to the site!

Now, how this site works is that you show us some, NOT ALL, of your code that pertains to the sections that you are having problems with and we might be able to review the code and see if we can find the problem. You showed us no code. Just a lot of errors.

A few notes on what you showed. It is a WP site, so not really a general-php-help item. It is a Word Press problem. Next you did not tell us what WP template you are using. Also, you show several plugins. Not all plugins work with all WP templates. Did you look at the template site where you got it to see what plugins will work with it? We can not help you without more info or at least some code.

Seeing how you did not show any code, I’ll give you a few general pointers.

Your site is a wordpress site. As alex said, not all WP plugins work with all WP templates. I suggest you take a look at the developers site first, to see if there is any information on incompatible templates/plugins.

Second, something like this happens sometimes when two are moge plugins are conflicting. Try disabling all plugins except Memberpress and see if that works. Then you can, one by one, activate the other plugins ans see which one causes the problem. that’ll help in identifying if there is an incompatible plugin youre qorking with.

Oh! Sorry. I’m super new to this and have 0 knowledge. I’ll take a look at the theme site to see if any plugins conflict. Thank you!

Thank you. Yea @ErnieAlex let me know that providing the errors with no code isn’t too informative or telling.

I’ll try disabling the plugins like you suggested as well as taking a look at the template and plugins to see if any might be conflicting with each other. Thank you so much.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service