Need help in writing a script

Hi,

I need help in the following things:

Below are the sample lines from my report. In this report I need to replace the “First year at school” , “Third year at school” with “Freshman” ,
" Junior " respectively. Simillarly, we will have second year, foruth year also to change to sophomore and senior respectively

StudentId Firstname Lastname Class
101 || abc || def || First year at school
102 || efg || hjk || Third year at school
103 || lmn || rst || First year at school

I need to wrtie a script only using php that will change the text under the heading “Class” as below

101 abc def Freshman
102 efg hjk Junior
103 lmn rst Freshman

I wrote this two lines to change the text with “Freshman” in all the places to just see how custom scripts works in the thrid party software.

$class = “Freshman”;
$rows[0][3] ->val = $class; //this is the way I can call that column in this CRM software where I can define my scripts.

101 abc def Freshman
102 efg hjk Freshman
103 lmn rst Freshman

I know that I need to traverse through each row then use conditions and replace the text but I am not sure how to do it.

It would be great if any one can help me in knowing the array structure in PHP…I can think of a way that I can write four if else conditions as I will have Four different values for the column " Class".

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance
Pragan

What you need to do is evaluate the current value of ‘class’ (assuming they’ll always be ‘First/Second/Third/Fourth year at school’):

[php]
for ($i = 0; $i < count($rows); $i++) { // Let’s loop through all the rows
if ($rows[$i][3]->val == “First year at school”) {
$rows[$i][3]->val = “Freshman”;
} elseif ($rows[$i][3]->val == “Second year at school”) {
$rows[$i][3]->val = “Sophmore”;
} elseif ($rows[$i][3]->val == “Third year at school”) {
$rows[$i][3]->val = “Junior”;
} elseif ($rows[$i][3]->val == “Fourth year at school”) {
$rows[$i][3]->val = “Senior”;
}
}
[/php]

This only works if $rows[][]->val works two-way ;)

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service