mysql_fetch_array

i have a testing server that this code works on. once i upload to my server i receive this error: Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
the code for this is

[php]
$qry=mysql_query(“select image,image_type from fampics where md5(image_id)=’$_GET[imgid]’”);

while($img=mysql_fetch_array($qry)){
[/php]
any ideas?

Admin Edit: Added [PHP] Tags for readability. Please refer to http://phphelp.com/guidelines.php for posting guidelines.

are the login credentials, database name, db version, etc… the same on BOTH servers?

Can you run the query manually on the production server and get the results desired?

I also note that it’s not good to embed the super global inside the quoted string.

Consider doing it this way:

[php]
$qry=mysql_query(“select image,image_type from fampics where md5(image_id)=’”.$_GET[imgid]."’");

[/php]

And to the NEXT level, you SHOULD (single) quote the index in the array. Not doing so may or may not work, but either way, it leaves a lot up to interpretation by php. Although I cannot tell you why, someone (I believe BANE) had made mention some time ago that this can create a performance issue as well.

So revise it to this:
[php]
$qry=mysql_query(“select image,image_type from fampics where md5(image_id)=’”.$_GET[‘imgid’]."’");

[/php]

i didnt have the correct credentials for the table. thanks for your help