Message not appears in Chat system in Blab

also my hangouts is

[email protected]

Well, it is odd that it is not working on your system but works fine on my system.
What are you using for server code? I am testing this on WAMP which is installed on my high-end laptop.
I have it set for PHP5.6 and it sends the smiles and text to the chat box and seems to work as it should.
WAMP is a test server you can set up on Windows for testing websites and databases. It works well with the change above.
I looked at your site and it throws out an error. The error says: strict-origin-when-cross-origin
I am guessing that you are trying to load a library from another website and your server does not allow that type of cross-origin transfer. Therefore, you would need to copy the library to your server and call it locally instead of remotely.
Do you understand that issue?
Ernie

sadly NO. i do ot understand these terms. i have a hosting where my sites are. if you come to teamviwer you can check all whts the problem actually.

Well, cross-origin means that you are pulling a library such as Jquery or other libraries from another domain name. I will look thru the libraries the chat system uses and see what might be the problem. I might be able to do it for you tomorrow. If this is the problem, then we can just move them to your server. I will let you know what I find.

Yeah its alright. Thanks Earnie

Rahil, I have been looking thru the code for this chat system. It is complicated learning someone else’s code. It appears this system was created back in 1997. And, upgraded over time. I tried the two links above that you posted. The first one sends me to a motorcycle site and I can not locate a chat room there. The second one does not load and says I do not have permission to be there.

Do you still have this chat script up on a web server? I wanted to view the page and see exactly what was failing. It is working good on my local server on my computer. I am not sure how to help you. Is it still online somewhere for me to view? Ernie

hey Earnie, both are my websites. the rd350.info and chattext.online. I have once created and checked this script in rd350 subdomain. thn added to chattext.online. before yesterday i have deleted the script from chattext too. was testing other version which i found from internet but sadly tht waas also non working here. You are right this is kinda old script. If you say i will upload it again. Do not take stress as i am only trying if it can work again as it only does not sends text and imojis. other things working fine, like paint and file sending works fine. We c an do it when we both online as i saw y our reply time tht time I also online here. we can try fixing using Teamviewer.

My browser is always open so it may show me as here when I am not. I am in a different time-zone as you and I think it would be hard to use Teamviewer. I suggest you just put it back up on one of your servers. You can put it into a subfolder so it is not in the domain. Then, just post me the link. For instance, you can put it into a folder on chattext.online/test and I can view it that way.

Also, I suggest you put the full old version that you posted in the google-drive and change that one line in the main.inc file and test it that way. This would insure that we are both testing with the same files. It should work as it works just fine on my server. I can upload it to my Godaddy server tomorrow and test it live. Once set up there, I will send you a link to try it. It should work since it does locally here now!

Hello Earlie
Uploaded and installed again on main domain and changed the line also and its giving error500 again
here is the link:
https://chattext.online

Well, I loaded it in my browser and looked at the console notes and it says that the favicon.ico file is missing. Can you verify that this file is there?

Also, once you loaded it on the page, did you run the install process? Did it set up the database correctly?

I do not understand why this is not working. Is this the only system on the chattext.online server?
If so, perhaps you can give me the login user id and password to it and I can run some tests on it. Then, you can change the password later. But, if you decide to do that, send them to me in a private message, not here on the open page.

Another thing you could try first is to just create a simple test page like this:
TEST.php with just this code in it.

<?PHP phpinfo(); ?>

One line only and put it on the chattext.online in the root and then access it in a browser. It should show you the server’s full PHP settings. One that is there, I can look them over to see if anything is incorrect.

Hi Ernie, Yes have installed the chat properly and thn login to chat and do some messages if they appears and sent files too, files working/image sent working/ doodle paint working/ text+smiley not working.
thn i changed the code as you told and site gives error500. site still with changed code.
created test.php successfully. giving full info. please check.
chatext.online/test.php

When I go to that page, it shows nothing. It gives me a 404 error. I do not understand.
Maybe it is something about being in a different country. I can not see the chat page at all. I never see anything. And, the error-500 might be the missing slashes. I see a couple are missing like before. ( In the post, not online, of course! ) I do not know how to help as I can not see your page online !

how to give you hosting panel username pass? also did you see the test page? i created as u advised

I did get to the test page and see all of your server set up. I will review them, but, I am very busy today. It might not be for many hours. I will compare them to mine and see what is different. For some reason, I can not see your chat webpage. It shows nothing. I will post back later today when I get more time.

hey Ernie, Thanks. Please do when you get time. I got another site also with same script installed but sadly there i can not login and check if it is working or not.( http://www.truckcam.tv/ ) sadly i cant enter and only admin approve new users and its been 3 days i have register still not able to login.
Also i have installed an another chat script on my subdomain to test further and it gives a strange error while logging ( output_buffer not enabled) thn i opened my php panel and enabled the output buffer but still the site giving me same error see here ( https://me.chattext.online )
You have all test php report so you may find why it gives error even i enabled output buffer.

hey Ernie u seems busy a lot.

I am sorry, Rahil, I have had little free time. And, I am planning on leaving on a trip soon and will be gone for several days.

I looked over the phpinfo() information and it looks quite normal. It does have the error system set up to not show the PHP errors, but, they should be in your server log. Have you looked at the server logs to see what errors it is posting? I can not duplicate your problem. The BlabChat code you sent to me works good once that one line is changed. I do not understand why it does not work for you. Are you using the exact same library that you gave me? I can not help fix a problem I can not duplicate.

Hi Ernie. I want to give you my Hosting details. you may check yourself. perhaps this is the only option left. so that you edit and check yourself the both error.
Blab in main domain and the other i m testing in Me.chattext. tht gives me output buffer not enabled error even its enabled.
How to send you hosting details here? let me search how to private message you.
i tried but did nt find any private message here.

Please wait until next week. I am leaving on an ice fishing trip and will be gone about five days. No access to computers much. I will let you know when I get back and we can look at it then. Sorry for the delay!

I was thinking about this early this morning. Do you have a “htaccess” file in place? These are sometimes written in a way to block webpages. If you have one in the root folder of the server or in the blabchat folder, temporary remove them and see if it works. If not replace them. Just one more thing you can check. I will contact you when I return.

By the way, if you just click on my initial ( E ) and there you will see the message button. That sends a message to me without posting to everyone on the site. See you in about five days!

Enjoy your trip and yeah i dont see any message button while clicking your name or E in round block i also tried using my message send option in my profile but it says i dnt have access to send message. anyways enjoy ur trip.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service