logger file credentials and obfuscation

I’m new - really, really new - to PHP. I was recently began working with a new organization. They had a contact developer who didn’t want to work with the company so the website was thrown to me. He sent the ftp account info along with this email:

“There are two files in the scripts directory that you’ll need to deal with. The .sql file is to create/restore your tables. The logger.php file will need to be edited with the new credentials, and placed in the inc directory.”

I don’t have a clue what it means or what credientials I am supposed to use.

My second issue is that all the files are obfuscated with REXISTHDOG4FBI. I’ve done extensive research but can’t find a solution. Is this related to the email from the developer?

I have transfered the files to the new host and have them all located locally as well, but I can’t do anything - even update content on my website. I was origianlly under the impression that the site would still be useable as it always had been but that we couldn’t change any functionality. Now if we try to edit any of the static pages we get an error message about the eval code (part of REX) and the page edits repeat.

Can anyone help? I need to be able to chnage the content. I don’t really care about the code. We’re just a small non-profit trying to do business. Your help is appreciated.

Well, not sure about the REXISTHDOG4FBI… But, it sounds like you need a passkey to decrypt it.
then, you would have access to the code. OR, that is the actual key, in which case, you should have a script to pass it to.

Also, “There are two files in the scripts directory that you’ll need to deal with. The .sql file is to create/restore your tables. The logger.php file will need to be edited with the new credentials, and placed in the inc directory.” This basically means that once the code is loaded up on your new site, you have to create a database and the .sql files can be used to create the tables and then restore them. Before you can use your existing code, you have to set up a database that is the same as the old one. Normally, you do a backup of the live one and the restore it into the new host’s database.

Hope that made sense! Good luck…

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service