Kind of Quiet in Here

Since I’m just shooting the breeze I decided to post this in “General Chat” category. Maybe PHP is a dying language? (Kidding ;D)

I have been notice the little questions that this forum board has been getting in Beginners and General help has been very specific or way to general. An the ones that do get replies it seems to take 2 or 3 pages worth of replies to answer or the OP to vanish. ??? ;D Hopefully, things will pickup as the year progresses? Maybe people are just hibernating under their blanks? :stuck_out_tongue: ;D

I’ve been too busy working. ^^

I’ve thought about something though! How about starting a phphelp programming project (something semi simple). And cowork on it. We can discuss/vote on pull requests etc. I just feel there’s too little here for people who do know more than the basics.

I agree Jim. A group project would be interesting, provided we could come up with something that people would want to work on.

This site tends, more than most, to flow with school schedules and seems to get far more beginners than other forums I see. It also seems to get more “do this for me” than others, but that may be due to members like me not removing them.

I can create a forum for the project for collaboration.

I’ve been busy also, just recently threw together this site http://ipncontrols.com/ - waiting on approval from ClickBank, so I can make it active.

It be kind of cool to create a site, sell something useful like above. Then set it up in an affiliate system and split the proceeds via JV Contracts on Clickbank or JVZoo.

Open and Close projects - Those who work on it get a cut.

Yes, I agree with all comments! A lot of school projects showing up lately. My guess is one student passes on the site to others and it mushrooms…

What type of group project are you guys thinking of?

Lets make InstaUberTwitBookSpaceBay.com

I will get the project started

[php]<?php

?>[/php]

And without any code written nerves are already twitching. We definitely need a style guide!

Okay, I will start with a few rules.

As with all the other non income producing websites, we will start with a multi-billion dollar valuation before we go public.

Absolutely no deprecated MySQL_* code

Naming Convention: Always use lowercase with under_score_separator

Separation of Concerns has high priority. (If you dont know what it means you dont belong on this project)

Do not use reserved words

Do not use Microsoft_* anything

InstaUberTwitBookSpaceBay.com <<<<<<<

L O L Funny! i’m in… Ha! Oh, and yes on the list of rules…

BUT, ideas , ideas , ideas???

I have been playing with “natural language processing” lately on a pet project of mine. It is basically a “siri” for my pc. There is an open source version of this online. Mine is where I ask a question and it finds an answer for me online. Scrapes out Wikipedia, Google, etc and tries to solve an answer for my question. Sort of works now. Not very good yet… Sort of a “knowledge butler” ! It is very involved…

Or, maybe a multiplayer game of some sort.

An online coding system that lets you use canned routines to build a PHP system. One that keeps a huge online list of routines that you could use to build your project to fit your needs? Where all classes work with all others.

On Jim’s first post:

I've thought about something though! How about starting a phphelp programming project (something semi simple). And cowork on it. We can discuss/vote on pull requests etc. I just feel there's too little here for people who do know more than the basics.
Yes, the site is either one quick answer or a long winded version, sorry if I add to that! And, several of the programmers here seem to be very knowledgeable and a solid co-built project would be great! Maybe even one that makes some funds in the long run...
  • Amen, I’ll start looking for venture capitalist.

Now we are getting somewhere!

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet the team of the newest Cyber Billionaires

Strider64
JimL
astonecipher
Topcoder
ErnieAlex
Kevin Rubio

“They who created something out of nothing with a value of even less and changed the World forever”

Easy now. How can you expect us to become billionaires? We haven’t even started handing out titles yet!

Well, if nothing else ever happens on the idea, I already have greatly enjoyed the posts!

So, didn’t one of you guys get 1/3 of that 1.5 billion ticket? Means you can fund us, right?

I can hand out titles…

So Kevin is going to be the CEO of instaUberTwitBookSpaceBay.com - i might need to shorten it to IUTBSB

I vote for Topcoder to be the Senior Chief Systems Coordinating Director of IT Engineering, or “The Man” for short.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service