Integration of Fonts API in PHP Website

Hi PHP community here!
I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing a challenge while attempting to integrate a Fonts API into my PHP website. The goal is to enhance the typography and overall design of the site https://fancyfontz.com by incorporating custom fonts using a third-party API.

I have followed the API documentation diligently, but I seem to be encountering unexpected issues. Despite following the provided instructions, the fonts do not render correctly on the website. I have checked and double-checked my implementation, but the problem persists.

Here are some details about the integration:

1. API Documentation: I have carefully read through the Fonts API documentation, ensuring that I have the correct API key and have implemented the necessary steps.
  2. Code Implementation: I have integrated the API into my PHP code using the provided examples. However, when I load the website, the fonts do not appear as expected.
  3. Debugging Attempts: I have tried various debugging techniques, including checking the network requests to ensure that the API is being called successfully, examining console logs for any error messages, and validating that the API key is properly configured.

Here is a snippet of the code I have implemented:

phpCopy code

<?php
// API Key obtained from the Fonts service
$apiKey = 'your_api_key_here';

// Font API Endpoint
$apiEndpoint = 'https://fontsapi.com/api/font';

// Font Family
$fontFamily = 'example-font';

// Construct the API URL
$apiUrl = "$apiEndpoint?family=$fontFamily&key=$apiKey";

// Fetch the font data
$fontData = file_get_contents($apiUrl);

// Decode the JSON response
$fontInfo = json_decode($fontData, true);

// Output the font styles
echo "<style>";
foreach ($fontInfo['styles'] as $style) {
    echo "@font-face { font-family: '$fontFamily'; src: url('$style'); }";
}
echo "</style>";
?>

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or insights you can provide to help me identify and resolve this issue. If you have any experience with integrating Fonts APIs into PHP websites or if you can spot any potential problems in the code, your expertise would be invaluable.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

I don’t mean to come off as critical, but it seems like you might be positioning yourself as a competitor to Google. Perhaps I’m misinterpreting your goals? It’s important to remember that there are font designers who earn their livelihood by creating fonts. If you’re just trying to make the website better by having better typography why don’t you just use CSS?

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service