Include files not included???

When testing my code, the Opera browser opens so I can view my web pages. However, I’ve been trying to write some php include statements, but none of them are being shown in the browser. I’ve even tried the basic hello world statement, and that doesn’t even work, it shows the entire code statement with the question marks and everything. I don’t understand why the php code is not be shown in the browser. How or what can I check to see if the browser accepts php or what else may be wrong? I’ve been fighting with this for a week and I am at a loss.

In doing more research to find out why I can’t see this code in my browser, I looked at the php_error_log in my MAMP program and this is the error, but I have no clue what it means. Can anyone explain?

PHP Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'English/htdocs/mamp.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/lib/php') in /Applications/MAMP/bin/mamp/index.php on line 18

I’d appreciate any help!

xited1,

The error code that you posted (below) means that the PHP script (/Applications/MAMP/bin/mamp/index.php) could not find the file (English/htdocs/mamp.inc.php) you’re trying to include. If I had to guess, I’d say the folder ‘English’ is not in your include path.

PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'English/htdocs/mamp.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/lib/php') in /Applications/MAMP/bin/mamp/index.php on line 18

-boobay

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service