Include error problem

Greetings,

I have a problem and all search results suggestions do not word.
My site has some 400 pages and all the article pages have this code that causes an error.
The site is running on Godaddy’s lenux server.

To see the error go to my web site is http://www.weddingsandweddingplanning.com select “Enter” and look at the bottom of the
page and also from there select an article and see the same error at the bottom…

All the other includes in the"Includes" folder work fine including Adsense, Amazon and others, except this one…

This is the code that’s near the bottom of all the articles page coding…

[php]

<?php include("$Domain/Includes/NewsFeed.php?CAT=$NewsFeed"); ?> [/php] This is the error message appears at the bottom of all articles. See below for the include file content of NewsFeed.php..

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/content/o/r/e/orendon/html/weddingsandweddingplanning/Articles/Free_Wedding_Vows.php on line 70

Warning: include(http://weddingsandweddingplanning.com//Includes/NewsFeed.php?CAT=Weddings) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/content/o/r/e/orendon/html/weddingsandweddingplanning/Articles/Free_Wedding_Vows.php on line 70

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘http://weddingsandweddingplanning.com//Includes/NewsFeed.php?CAT=Weddings’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php’) in /home/content/o/r/e/orendon/html/weddingsandweddingplanning/Articles/Free_Wedding_Vows.php on line 70

==========================================
This is the include in the Includes folder named NewsFeed, file NewsFeed.php …

[php]

<?php error_reporting(0); $CAT = $_GET['CAT']; $CAT = str_replace(" ", "+", $CAT); $QTY = 10; //$_GET['QTY']; $url = "http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/rss?p="; $url = str_replace("", $CAT, $url); print "
    "; flush(); class SimpleXmlParser{ var $SimpleParser; var $feedUrl; var $title = ""; var $description = ""; var $link = ""; var $author=""; var $pubDate=""; var $insideitem = false; var $tag = ""; var $count_results = 0; var $total_results = 0; function SimpleXmlParser($MyFeed, $results) { $this->total_results = $results; $this->SimpleParser = xml_parser_create(); $this->feedUrl=$MyFeed; xml_set_object($this->SimpleParser,$this); xml_set_element_handler($this->SimpleParser, "XmlParserFirstElement", "XmlParserendElement"); xml_set_character_data_handler($this->SimpleParser, "characterData"); $this->ParseFeed(); // Call to Parser Function } function XmlParserFirstElement($parser, $tagName, $attrs) { if ($this->insideitem) { $this->tag = $tagName; } elseif ($tagName == "ITEM") { $this->insideitem = true; } } function XmlParserendElement($parser, $tagName) { //The Function Will be called, when ever the XML_PARSER Encounters a end Tag, in the XML File if ($tagName == "ITEM") { if ($this->count_results < $this->total_results) { print "
  • "; print " link . "\">"; print htmlspecialchars(trim($this->title)); print "

"; print htmlspecialchars(trim($this->description)) . "
    "; print "

• "; $this->title = ""; $this->description = ""; $this->link = ""; $this->insideitem = false; } $this->count_results = $this->count_results + 1; } } function characterData($parser, $data) { if ($this->insideitem) { switch ($this->tag) { case "TITLE": $this->title .= $data; break; case "DESCRIPTION": $this->description .= $data; break; case "LINK": $this->link .= $data; $pos = strpos($this->link, "*"); if (!($pos === false)) { $this->link = substr($this->link , $pos + 1, 300); } $this->link = trim($this->link); $pos = strpos($this->link, "//"); if (!($pos === false)) { $this->link = substr($this->link , $pos + 2, 300); } break; } } } function ParseFeed(){ $data = file_get_contents($this->feedUrl); xml_parse($this->SimpleParser, $data); xml_parser_free($this->SimpleParser); } } $XMLpar = new SimpleXmlParser($url, $QTY); print "
" ?>

[/php]

Regards,
Don Emmons

Hi Don,

I’m not amazing at this, so don’t quote me, if I’m wrong.

The problem you have, is that you are trying to <?php include () ?> files which don’t exist on your FTP Server.

Sorry, but that’s all I can say. Maybe a ‘PHP Helper’ will be able to help you out, as I’m not one of those! :smiley:

If you could give me some more information on what your trying to <?php include () ?>, then I might be able to help further.

Hope this helps…

William

Almost, his problem is that the include method he’s using has been disabled in the php.ini. You shouldn’t have to specify the domain. All you need to do is make sure that any includes are referenced from where the file that’s calling it is.

Just to further clarify richei’s point, you are referencing an external link (denoted by the use of “http” - your $domain variable) - your setup doesn’t allow external links to be included via the php include() function.

Solution:
Use local relative paths. Examples below:
[php]include ‘includes/config.php’; //include ‘config.php’ which is in a subfolder (‘includes’) of the current folder
include ‘…/…/common.php’; //include ‘common.php’ which is 2 folders up in the directory tree[/php]

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service