In wordpress, where do you go to edit a page in PHP?

When I click Edit I just get options to edit templates, “front page template, footer, etc.”. But it doesn’t allow me to edit stuff on the first page… Like I know how to edit pages in HTML but how do you input writing into the front page, when it doesn’t show up in your pages? Right now I have some writing input by someone I hired under the three feautured items: http://bridgettprovenzano.com That writing doesn’t show up on my template and I don’t know how to edit it! I’m so confused, anyone who knows WordPress and PHP–any help you could give me would be awesome.

You are clicking the wrong edit.

In your dashboard go to Pages > All Pages and then hover over the page you want to edit and click then click on the edit that now appears below the page you want to edit. You can do the sme thing for your Posts to by selecting Posts > All Posts.

This is what confuses me. I have a homepage with stuff on it but in neither my PHP templates or my official homepage page (as you described how to access http://bridgettprovenzano.com/home-page ) has anything. In the template it just outlines basics of the page.

[php]<?php
/*
Template Name: Front Page
smallbusiness Theme’s Front Page to Display the Home Page if Selected
Copyright: 2012, D5 Creation, www.d5creation.com
Based on the Simplest D5 Framework for WordPress
Since Small Business 1.0
*/
?>

<?php get_header(); wp_enqueue_script( 'slider-main', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/slider.js' ); ?> <?php do_action('slideshow_deploy', '98'); ?>

<?php echo of_get_option('heading_text', 'Go with Small Business Pro for exciting Post Options, Theme Options and Extra Functionalities.'); ?>

<?php get_template_part( 'featured-box' ); ?>
		<div id="content">
		<?php query_posts( $sbargs ); 
		if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post();?>
        <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><h2 class="post-title"><?php the_title();?></h2><?php the_post_thumbnail('thumbnail'); ?></a><?php $sbExcerptLength=60; the_excerpt(); ?>
        <br />
        <div class="clear"> </div>
		<?php endwhile; endif; wp_reset_query(); ?>
		</div>
<?php get_sidebar( 'frontpage' ); ?>
<?php if ( of_get_option('bottom-quotation', 'All the developers of D5 Creation have come from the disadvantaged part or group of the society. All have established themselves after a long and hard struggle in their life ----- D5 Creation Team') != '' ) : ?>
<?php echo of_get_option('bottom-quotation', 'All the developers of D5 Creation have come from the disadvantaged part or group of the society. All have established themselves after a long and hard struggle in their life ----- D5 Creation Team'); ?>
<?php endif; ?> <?php get_footer(); ?>[/php]

But my homepage is completely empty, nothing written in it. I don’t know how to edit what is seen on the front page.

Ah now I understand your issue you need access to the backend of your website, you don’t edit anything from the frontend.

you need to go to http://bridgettprovenzano.com/wp-admin and login there, that will get you to the backend dashboard of your website. Then you edit the pages as I described above.

I have been in the backend. I don’t even know how to do it front end. I’m telling you, thats not the fix. I appriciate you helping me but gah, it’s not the problem (backend vs front end) I’ve been working backend this whole time.

You front page is comprised of content from other pages / posts.

It looks like you may have a plug-in called Featured Boxs or you may have an option in the theme for something to do with Featured Boxs, it is the configuration of these that puts the content on the front page. Alternatively you may have a ‘Magazine template’ defined somewhere in the theme or a plug-in that is giving you this front page layout.

Without seeing the backend I can’t give you any more pointers, sorry.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service