I'm Lost in coding world

Hello,

I am working a lot with PHP and I eventually want to become a web developer. I want to master PHP before learning CSS and HTML deeply. I have a basic understanding of CSS and HTML. I really wish there was a road map to becoming a web developer!!! Should I be focusing more on CSS,HTML, and Javascript? My impression is that if you get a job at a company, they will have people dedicated to only css and html while others work with PHP only. Then they share there code and poof a site is born. It seems like CSS is so big and one can spend a lifetime mastering that.

Right now, I am a network developer hating my life. I want to transition into a web developing job and write code. I want to utilize my time the best way possible.

How did anyone become a web developer?

I was also thinking of breaking my day into blocks, a couple of hours of CSS, HTML, and then PHP. Is this a better approach. Lately, I have been just focusing on PHP and trying to learn everything possible about it. Then moving into Javascript etc…

CSS isn’t that complex. Mastering design however is a completly different story

Basically
HTML, CSS and JS is front end

PHP is server side

I don’t think it’s too difficult to work out how to become a developer. Go and have a look at some job websites and look at the requirements needed. I think it may depress you as PHP is but a small factor of web development. You will need to learn more than just PHP. Here is a basic run down of what I do:

• PHP
  • HTML
  • CSS
  • C#
  • Javascript
  • JQuery
  • A little bit of Python
  • Linux
  • Windows Server & Linux Server
  • DOS

Then you have all sub sections within it like type of coding, whether it is OO MVC, procedural or what not.

What JimL said is correct, generally in the larger companies you would have experts in design and/or experts in programming/coding. It is quite rare to get a mix of both. I do design work, but I’m not very creative and don’t really like it much but there’s only me who does what I do in our company.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service