ident_current, scope_identity and @@identity when do they work?

I tried to use the each of the three functions mentioned in the subject line in the following query and kept getting error messages.

$query = “INSERT INTO blogs (blog_id, member_id, title, entry, blog_date) VALUES (0, @@IDENTITY(‘members’), ‘{$_POST[‘title’]}’, ‘{$_POST[‘entry’]}’, NOW())”;

Here are the error messages I got for each of the 3 respective functions:

Could not add the entry because: FUNCTION a7522929_dbs.IDENT_CURRENT does not exist. The query was INSERT INTO blogs (blog_id, member_id, title, entry, blog_date) VALUES (0, ident_current(‘members’), ‘We have go so this is your house.’, ‘Mami Ngeh.’, NOW()).

Could not add the entry because: FUNCTION a7522929_dbs.SCOPE_IDENTITY does not exist. The query was INSERT INTO blogs (blog_id, member_id, title, entry, blog_date) VALUES (0, ident_current(‘members’), ‘We have go so this is your house.’, ‘Mami Ngeh.’, NOW()).

Could not add the entry because: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘(‘members’), ‘We have go so this is your house.’, ‘Mami Ngeh.’, NOW())’ at line 1. The query was INSERT INTO blogs (blog_id, member_id, title, entry, blog_date) VALUES (0, @@IDENTITY(‘members’), ‘We have go so this is your house.’, ‘Mami Ngeh.’, NOW()).

What could possible be going wrong? Seems to me like the functions are deprecated. Any help is appreciated.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service