I want to make some changes to my IPB php code

OK…here’s what I’m trying to do.

I want my invision power board forum view page to look like this

Notice how the “new topic” fields are right there on the same page with the threads and all of the other stuff is stripped away. Nice and simple. I got one of the admins from that board to send me the html templates, but that only gets me 3/4ths of the way to what i want my board to look like.

When I apply the html templates to my board, the appearence changes so that it looks like the screenshot i posted, except that the “new topic” and “new poll” fields aren’t present, and neither is the input box for the body of the post.

In addition, on the board I’m trying to imitate, they have it set up so “quick reply” is the only way to reply, and the quick reply box is locked in the open position. (In the standard IPB, quick reply is a little button you can push to make the input field pull down.) For some reason, whatever code they used to do this is not working in my board and so there’s no “reply” field in the view for the threads themselves.

I have confirmed that i need to do some re-arranging in the board’s php files to make everything work the way I want it to, but I don’t know any php and I don’t have the foggiest idea where to even start. I can’t seem to get in contact with the guy that did the mod on the board whose code I’m using and his admins don’t have a clue what he did to the code. All they told me was that it was a fairly simple matter of copy/pasting various elements between the IPB php files.

If anyone has some hints on where i should start digging through the code, it would be appreciated. Once I start digging around, i’ll probably have some more specific questions.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service