How to Set form fields into an array using javascript

Hello everyone I need your assitance a great deal, so I have a form which i submitted to a php file throug ajax and jquery. It is working A ok but I want to be able to submit it with javascript instead, so i don’t load any lib. And it is now a problem. The method I use to get the form field names and values in jquery is so simple and dynamic hence if changes are made on the html form i don’t have to edit my jquery file to effect the change ie in respect to changing the name of the fields or adding more fields. But I don’t know to archieve this using javascript. So i want to post my jquery script, for you all my mighty programmers to assist me get a javascript Clone for me, thank you very much for Helping
Jquery file

$("form.ajax").on("submit", function(){ 
var that= $(this);
that.find('[name]').each(function(index,value){
var that = $(this),
name =that.attr('name'),
value =that.val();
data[name]=value;
 });
return false;});

Now the above code is just my major focus of the script. What it does is that select the form with an ajax class attribute and run a function after the user submits the form. The var that get reference to the above form throug the (this) reference. Next i use find fuction to look through out the open and close of our form.ajax form for any element that has the name attribute and set it into array using the .each(function (index,value){}) this is my main focus how to ilterate through the form looking for name attribute and set my finding into array using javascript. The next that var reference to the find statement and then we steal the name attribute and value from our findings and set an array called data with the stolen name variable as its index n value attribute as its value. Thank you once more my aim again is with the find and array setting statement.

Is there a reason why using JQuery is not a suitable option? Yes, you can do it with straight JavaScript, but there is far more code and is more cumbersome than using JQuery to handle the quarks.

jquery will not work on old mobile phone. And for educational purpose.

I don’t know what mobile OS you are referring to, but I do not know of any “old mobile phones” that JQuery does not work on. As far as the JavaScript way of Ajax, try here for an example.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service