How to save Input form data as HTML

Basically, I want users to be able to submit a complaint and I want the results to be stored as an HTML file, that users can later search through. Basically something like ripoffreport.com but for a slightly different purpose. And also I need the users to be registered for this process to happen. If someone can point me in the right direction here, i’d be greatly appreciated. My C++ skills don’t really apply here :)

Sounds like you’d be better off with a database for backend instead of remote files. Especially if you want to be able to search through them, and a login script would greatly benefit from it as well.

well i have Form Tools setup on my site, plus i got a complaint form setup and it is plopped into a mysql database. Now i’m just trying to find out the best way to integrate this with a login script/ complaint search engine. Also, if all the data is stored in a database, and how with my site be Search engine friendly??? i’ve heard google is getting smart in this area, but again, any basic ideas info is greatly appreciated here, i’m just stumbling through it and i’m doing alright, any support will cut hours off my research time.

I’m in the process of typing up a login script tutorial for the Tutorials section, but I’m afraid it won’t be up for another week or so. Perhaps that’ll give you some insight.

ok, i got it working actually, i just used Form Tools plus a custom form for inputting the data into a mysql DB, and I wrote some custom phpcode using mysql_connect() to retrieve the data and allow searching for different categories. I’m not really in a big rush to get it all done, so when you finish, if you linked to the tut that would be splenderfabulous!

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8432
Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service