How to include PHP ZIP Functions using php.ini

Hi everyone, I am trying to install an open source script called “open-realty”. At first it wouldn’t install because PHP ZIP Functions weren’t installed and magic_quotes_gpc was enabled. To disable magic quotes, I had to use a php.ini and turn it off that way. Then it gave me errors that ioncube wasn’t installed, so I had to include ioncube in my php.ini also.

Now to my question, the only error it is giving me now, is that PHP ZIP Functions are not installed, even though they are, that is why I believe I just need to include it in my php.ini file. Does anyone know how to find the location or how to enable it in the php.ini file? My host will not give me a straight answer on how to include it or the location, he said I will find it in the php info here: http://bbhservers.com/info.php . I have looked almost everywhere on that page and can’t find a location related to the PHP ZIP Functions.

If anyone could help me, I would be very thankful :smiley:

Seems it depends upon which version of PHP your using.

taken from the PHP Manual:
[tt]This extension has no configuration directives defined in php.ini.[/tt]

and here’s a little more info:

[tt]Linux systems
In order to use these functions you must compile PHP with zip support by using the --with-zip[=DIR] configure option, where [DIR] is the prefix of the » ZZIPlib library install.

Windows
Windows users need to enable php_zip.dll inside of php.ini in order to use these functions.

PHP 5.2.0 and later

Linux systems

In order to use these functions you must compile PHP with zip support by using the --enable-zip configure option.

Windows
Windows users need to enable php_zip.dll inside of php.ini in order to use these functions.[/tt]

here’s a link to the website:
PHP Manual: Zip

Hope this helps,
:wink:

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service