How to debug php.ini problems?

Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance if anyone has any pointers!

I’ve got PHP running on my local OSX 10.8 machine, and all was running fine. I made what seems like a no-op change, and it is causing major problems.

In /etc/, there is a file called php.ini.default. The file does not appear to be in use:

root /etc $ php --ini Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /etc Loaded Configuration File: (none) Scan for additional .ini files in: (none) Additional .ini files parsed: (none)

In order to add an extension I was told I needed to first copy that file to php.ini, and then modify it. I did the following:

root /etc $ cp /etc/php.ini.default /etc/php.ini root /etc $ apachectl restart root /etc $ php --ini Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /etc Loaded Configuration File: /private/etc/php.ini Scan for additional .ini files in: (none) Additional .ini files parsed: (none)

But now when i visit my local webserver, it is dumping php files as plain text… it is no longer parsing PHP!

Does anyone know any tools or methods for debugging the php.ini file? I am a noob when it comes to this sort of thing…

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service