How can I add two CSS types into an embedded HTML echo command and also perform a form validation technique?

Question one

How can I make my echo html paragraphs bold? here is what I tried below 'text-align:center,font-weight: bold'?

echo "<div style='text-align:center,font-weight: bold'><p>Hello ". $_SESSION['username entered']."please enter the correct username or password for this login page.</p></div>";

echo "<div style='text-align:center'><p>Hi, you left the form feilds blank, please your username/password.</p></div>";

Question two

When the user inputs a username such as “circle” into my code how can I get that random username the user enters and get it to pop up and say “Hi, [OUTPUT USERNAME THE USER INPUTTED] please enter the correct username/password.” If I use the username this will tell the user the actual correct username for the form which I don’t want.

PHP

<?php
   session_start();

//Selectional statement
   if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] === 'POST') {
       $user = $_POST["username"];
       $pass = $_POST["password"];
       //login aspect
       if($user != "" || $pass != ""){
           if($user=="test1"&&$pass=="test1"){
               $_SESSION['login'] = "OK";
               $_SESSION['username'] = $user;
               $_SESSION['password'] = $pass;

header('Location: protected.php');    //Links with protected php file

}else{  //If this codition is met output the below
               $_SESSION['login'] = "";
               echo "<div style='text-align:center,font-weight: bold'><p>Hello ". $_SESSION['username entered']."please enter the correct username or password for this login page.</p></div>";

}
       }else{
         $_SESSION['login'] = "";
         echo "<div style='text-align:center'><p>Hi, you left the form feilds blank, please your username/password.</p></div>";
       }
   }
   ?>

HTML

<!-- Form Input Part -->
         <form class="text-center" method="post">
            <div class="form-group w-50 mx-auto">
               <!-- First Name input section -->
               <label for="username">USERNAME:</label>
               <input id="username" class="form-control" type="text" maxlength="15" name="username" placeholder="Input your username.">
            </div>
            <div class="form-group w-50 mx-auto">
               <!-- Last Name input section -->
               <label for="password">PASSWORD:</label>
               <input type="password" class="form-control" type="text" maxlength="15" name="password" placeholder="Input your password.">
            </div>
            <!-- Form Button Submission -->
            <button type="submit" class="btn btn-dark">
            Login
            <i class="fas fa-sign-in-alt"></i>
            </button>
         </form>
      </div>

You can make your echo HTML paragraphs bold by adding the following code to your HTML

<p style="text-align: center; font-weight: bold;">Your paragraph text here</p>.

You can simply use a placeholder in the output string instead of the actual username. For example, you could use something like this:

“Hi, [USERNAME] please enter the correct username/password.”

When you print out the output, you can then replace the placeholder with the username the user has entered. For example:

username = input("Please enter your username: ")
print(“Hi, {0} please enter the correct username/password.”.format(username))

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service