Help with members area

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read my post. I need some help. If anyone can point me in the right direction I don’t mind doing the research … I just need someone to point me in the right direction. Here’s my problem:

I have a website that is dedicated for fantasy sports and I would like to create a members area. I want the members area to have pages that anyone logged in can see, but I want the member to be able to create thier own log on and password (I don’t want to protect each page with one password and one log on).

I have 3rd party software on my site that runs fantasy sports leagues for people. For example a person pays a fee and then the get a link to a page where they run thier own leagues. The software is set up to allow each member in the league to create a password for thier individual team. each league has thier own page. The only way to get to each leagues pag is to have the link (pages aren’t displayed on my site for privacy reasons).

What I would like to do is have a person log in on my home page and then after password/login is ok they are redirected to thier specific league or a link is on my home page that is only there when the person is logged on. I need to limit access for each league to only it’s members.

What I the best way to go about this? Do I need to buy software? Is this possible for me to do with some research?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi Bigyack, depending on how comfortable you are with PHP+MySQL this could be relatively simple or fairly tricky. I would say you definitely do not need to buy any software to do this. This kind of feature could be implemented fairly simply, in a short space of time.

I would be more than willing to help you out if you need the assistance.

A little background on me. I am a competent PHP developer that is currently working on an extremely large and complex project for a very large company developing a bespoke web application to manage daily company communications, email, document control, employee management, customer feedback etc etc.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service