Help saving this great old script

Hi,

Thanks for coming in and have a look at this old script.

Around 2008, it was given for free against 5 posts in some old forum before becoming “abandoned ware”, the forum is gone too now.

It is a great “membership management” tool, it even “drips” updates, well it was dripping update until some new version of PHP became the rule. Then the script exploded.

So far I understood that I had to change in “updatem.sql”:

TYPE=MyISAM; into ENGINE= MyISAM

but then this happened, looking likes “rows” are not written into “Tables” the right way.

See error code at the bottom of this page.

I tried in phpMyAdmin to add a row with some data, but no joy.

I fear, as a php ignoramus, from what I read on the forum that the problem is more involved than that, but it my be just child play for a phpdoctor.

Deprecated php, “magic_quotes” and more like “phdr” says in this post

Well, for me it feels like I’ve stepped on an alien mine and I’m trying to desarm it with an old babana following clues coming from a walkie-talkie speaking only in Venusian. It is not going to end well…

I’m too old to spend more than a few hours per day at a desk fumbling with php, so if anyone can help and make it work it would be fantastique and save my old skin.

Hey, as it is “abandoned-ware” it might even replace the “Pluck CMS” on the forum that looks like is dead since a good while.

Anyways, thanks for taking a look and grateful tanks if you can make it work.

You can download, from my website under development, the script here memberware-updatem-3.0.1

User
phpdoctor
Password
iamaphpdoctor@2020

Cordially.

MJT

After importing moded with TYPE=MyISAM; into ENGINE= MyISAM “updatem.sql” into a clean database
No Joy!
Import has been successfully finished, 6 queries executed. (updatem.sql)
MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0004 seconds.)

# Table structure for table updates # DROP TABLE IF EXISTS updates

[Edit inline] [ Edit ] [ Create PHP code ]
Note: #1051 Unknown table 'mydatabase01.updates'
MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0016 seconds.)
CREATE TABLE updates ( id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, name varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', description varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', category varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', position int(11) NOT NULL default '0', thumbnail varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', tpl_file varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', showhist tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', active tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', rank_points int(11) NOT NULL default '0', votes int(11) NOT NULL default '0', histhits int(11) NOT NULL default '0', numseen int(11) NOT NULL default '0', numhist int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (id), KEY position (position) ) ENGINE=MyISAM

MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0004 seconds.)
# -------------------------------------------------------- # # Table structure for table `user_seen_updates` # DROP TABLE IF EXISTS user_seen_updates

Note: #1051 Unknown table 'mydatabase01.user_seen_updates'
MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0013 seconds.)
CREATE TABLE user_seen_updates ( id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, user_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0', update_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0', order_seen int(11) NOT NULL default '0', vote tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', showhist tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', active tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', histhits tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', wasViewed char(1) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (id), KEY user_id (user_id), KEY update_id (update_id) ) ENGINE=MyISAM

# -------------------------------------------------------- # # Table structure for table `users` # DROP TABLE IF EXISTS users

Note: #1051 Unknown table 'mydatabase01.users'
MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0014 seconds.)
CREATE TABLE users ( id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, username varchar(100) NOT NULL default '', firstvisit_time int(14) default NULL, lastupdate_time int(14) default NULL, lastupdate_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0', lastupdate_pos int(11) NOT NULL default '0', total_hits int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (id), UNIQUE KEY username (username) ) ENGINE=MyISAM

This is forum to get help and catch up on the latest coding techniques. People donate their time to help others here not to do the coding for them. I find telling the truth is the best way to tell people this than to beat around the bush. If the code is obsolete then in my opinion it isn’t a great script. There are current scripts that do the same thing and probably even better. One is never too old to learn PHP as I’m 56 years old and only have been coding in PHP for the last 5-7 years. I’m still learning something new everyday. If you don’t want to learn PHP then hire someone to write the script(s) or find a can-in-the-box script that all you have to do install the script (WordPress? ).

1 Like

Hi
Ok, I understand, I thought maybe someone will take it as a challenge, maybe a teacher with some students to tease.
As I said my physical condition don’t let me the leasure to sit for hours and learn PHP.
I just in fact posted to a place to hire a local php guy, as you said that might be the solution.
Please remove my post as I will remove the access to the file.zip.

Cordially.
MJT

Hi,

Well the guy I hired on upwork.com, even though looking very qualified and having already earned 10 K for his services, turned out to be not so good, just sending me the script untouched after 4 hours, the 104 kb of php files in the script came back as 104 KB, having the same “ERROR” messages on install, the TYPE=MyISAM; not even changed to ENGINE=MyISAM; and the magic_quotes lignes still here. I just decided to cancel the job and remove server access.

On the other hand, as I found on some php forum, not sure where, that I should just remove the “Magic_Quotes” lignes, so I did, following by changing TYPE=MyISAM; into ENGINE=MyISAM;
The script is mainly working now apart 2 problems that I hope i will be able to solve with some of your advices.
As it is said, never better served than by Onself.
My daily sitting time allowance being over for today, I shall post for some help tomorrow, maybe earlier if I can escape the nurses surveillance.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service