I’m running a website on Wordpress and utilizing the latest version (7.6) of the Bimber theme.
I’d like to create a custom php page if need be for this.
As you can see in the photos, the elements of what I’m trying to do are:
- responsive category layout to place on the home page of a wordpress site
- thumbnail with clickable category title (centered at bottom of thumbnail)
- on hover filter application to thumbnail
- listing out the pertinent posts under each category (bulletin list), that cut off at 5 items
- below the cutoff point, a ‘+’ number of posts in that category (i.e. +15)
- on-hover of bottom element (i.e. +15) the box/lists expands to a scrollable list of all items
- the bottom element (i.e. +15) turns into “Go to Category” link, takes user to said category.
I understand there is CSS involved in this as well.
I’m not a complete beginner,
but for the sake of me really advancing my learning, assume that I am.
I truly appreciate all the help, and am happy to provide as much more info as needed,
I know this may not be nearly enough to go off of, and I’m happy to continue the convo with anyone who can help me code this.
(I can only put one image in post for now, since I’m new).