[help] $_GET not working?

I’m wondering if someone can help me. I have a flash document and I’m trying to get dynamic information from a PHP file into the flash file. Hope this makes sense

Inside the flash document I have a text box (var: who)
the AS I’m using is

onClipEvent (load) {
loadVariables(“load.php”, this, “GET”);
}

Inside the PHP file I’m using the following code to send the data to the flash file:

<?php $user = $_GET['username']; $person = "Username: $user"; echo "who=$person&"; ?>

This doesn’t print anything!? But if I change the value of $user to ‘something’ and not $_GET then it works perfectly. Am I doing something wrong? I need to read the value of $_GET and send it to the flash document. I know that value isn’t empty because if I view the page itself it shows up, its just not sending to flash. Have I done something wrong?

I would really appreciate some help. :smiley:

I cannot speak about the “Flash” part, however, the loadVariables(“load.php”, this, “GET”); are you stating the GET in here as a variable? The reason I ask is because $_GET is more than a variable. It’s what’s called a “SUPER GLOBAL” and it’s actually an ARRAY.

I don’t know if that makes a difference. Perhaps someone with “FLASH” Experience can speak more to it.

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service