Having ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error on my maxcdn bootstrap

I’m getting the error of GET https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/latest/css/font-awesome.min.css net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT in my console. I have place the correct URL but it does not load. May i know how can i solve this issue?

<head>
  <meta charset="utf-8" />
  <link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="76x76" href="./assets/img/logo.png">
  <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="./assets/img/logo.png">
  <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1" />
  <title>
    MyWebSite
  </title>
  <meta content='width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=0, shrink-to-fit=no' name='viewport' />
  <!--     Fonts and icons     -->
  <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Montserrat:400,700,200" rel="stylesheet" />
  <link href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/latest/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

<!-- CSS Files -->
  <link href="./assets/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
  <link href="./assets/css/paper-dashboard.css?v=2.0.1" rel="stylesheet" />
  <!-- CSS Just for demo purpose, don't include it in your project -->
  <link href="./assets/demo/demo.css" rel="stylesheet" />
  <style>
    .card-title {
      font-size: 24px;
    }
  </style>
</head>

It cause my icons in my website were unable to show

<div class="text-center">
                <a href="sales-analysis.php" class="btn btn-info" ><i class="nc-icon nc-paper"></i> &emsp; View Sales Analysis</a>
                <a href="top-categories.php" class="btn btn-info" ><i class="nc-icon nc-bullet-list-67"></i> &emsp;  View Top Categories </a>
                <a href="top-customer.php" class="btn btn-info" ><i class="fa fa-users" aria-hidden="true"></i> &emsp; View Top Customers </a>
                <a href="top-stock.php" class="btn btn-info" > <i class="nc-icon nc-app"></i> &emsp;  View Top Stock </a>
                <a href="top-sales.php" class="btn btn-info" > <i class="fa fa-money" aria-hidden="true"></i> &emsp;  View Top Sales </a>
                <a href="top-area.php" class="btn btn-info" ><i class="fa fa-map-marker" aria-hidden="true"></i> &emsp; View Top Area</a>
      </div>

The link/url itself is fine.

So either you were having issues with connection at the time… or something else is going on.

How are ‘some’ icons showing up in your nav buttons? but others are not then?

All the missing icons have this:

aria-hidden="true"

perhaps something to look into?

If you copy the URL into your address bar, does the CSS file load in your browser?

How can ONLY a FEW icons then be effected by this? (make no sense)… ALL would be effected… NO?

yes it does load into my browser

I’m not sure why too. It shows ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error on my console

Have you tried removing the HIDDEN attribute on the ones NOT showing up?

You are also missing an ending slash in that link line!

1 Like

Good catch! (I zoomed over that like 3 times!) haha

yup i tried and it didn’t show the icons too

hmmm i added the slash in, it still don’t work thoo :frowning_face:

Did you remove these from the three of them? It should display them if they are in the icon list. Perhaps those are not included.

I looked at the link for FA and it is valid. And, those icons are in the the file. I checked the one before it too because I have seen that cause an error like this too. And, it was a valid link. Time out errors are not normally caused from these two linked libraries. You should create a very small test page with just those lines in it and one simple display to see if it works. And, if not post the entire test here so we can duplicate it. Also, what server are you using? A local Wamp or Xamp or a live server? If it is a less expensive live server, they might not allow cross-site loading and you might have to move the FA file to your server. That is very easy to do. Sorry we could not help further!

Sponsor our Newsletter | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service